G
gracelife
Guest
That may very well be. Many Lutheran’s (like Catholics) do not truly know what their religion teaches. Then too, there are Lutherans (WELS & LCMS) who do believe this and know and confess that which is in the Lutheran confessions. And yes, they do believe in sin.I have to wonder, though, how many Lutherans believe this or live their lives according to this tenet now days–I mean as a regular part of what is expected of them to be good Lutherans. I dare say even most Lutherans ministers wouldn’t agree with this definition. From my experience, they hardly believe there’s such a thing as sin let alone concupiscenece being a sin, as defined here.
Not believing what is in the Lutheran Confessions would make one a “Cafeteria Lutheran”
The Lutheran view of concupiscense as sin I believe is tied into their view original sin somehow, but I’m not grasping it quite completely.