E
Edwardjohn
Guest
As I was reading Today’s reading I had a thought. It was while I was reading Isiah 53:7&8. In the early nineties I was the counselor/case-manager of Death Row at the Indiana State Prison. There was a manifest doom permeating the cell-block. All those men were condemned to death and they were all very bitter. This bitterness, sometimes, caused some very violent and destructive behavior. Behavior being everything we say or do.
Our Lord was aware of His death, I suppose, from the time that He was able to reason. He walked this earth a condemned man. Yet, even with that hanging over Him, He forgave sin, healed the sick, set the oppressed free, presented the Kingdom of Heaven, obedient to the Father, He never rebelled. Blessed be His Holy Name.
And I have a question. How does one learn obedience through suffering?
Our Lord was aware of His death, I suppose, from the time that He was able to reason. He walked this earth a condemned man. Yet, even with that hanging over Him, He forgave sin, healed the sick, set the oppressed free, presented the Kingdom of Heaven, obedient to the Father, He never rebelled. Blessed be His Holy Name.
And I have a question. How does one learn obedience through suffering?