Confessing Sacrilege

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bulletbandit
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bulletbandit

Guest
So if I’m not sure if I committed a mortal sin but I’m like 85% sure I haven’t and receive communion. And afterwards just to be safe confess receiving communion in state of mortal sin. How should I confess it? Forgive me father I MAY HAVE received in state of mortal sin or Forgive me father I HAVE received in state of mortal sin? Along with the sin that may have been mortal or not.
 
“Father, I’m having trouble with knowing whether I committed sacrilege.” And then explain what happened from there.
 
It sounds like you may have scrupulosity. You may want to make an appointment with your priest outside of confession to get this sorted out just as it may take a bit longer and more counseling than he could reasonably give in Confession. Again, definitely talk to a priest, but as a rule of thumb, if you in good faith and after an honest examination of conscience (considering the three conditions of grave matter, full knowledge and complete consent) wouldn’t be able to swear in court that you committed a mortal sin, it is a near-certainty you didn’t.
 
Last edited:
85 percent? How did you arrive at that odd figure? In general I dont put a percentage on my conscience. Because i am confident in my formation of conscience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top