N
newbie9
Guest
Due to my scrupulous tendencies, my examinations of conscience tend to take what is most likely way too long (considering I go to Confession at least twice a month, usually weekly) and I end up with a pretty detailed list of what are probably mostly venial sins. This week I ended up with a sin on my list I’m not sure I committed this week and forgot a sin I did commit this week. 
I’m fighting through my scrupulosity to see that the latter situation is ok and I may confess it next week if I decide it was mortal (this is the unfortunate thought process of the scrupulous since I should know if it was a mortal sin or not…). During confession, I read and confessed the sin that I probably didn’t commit this week, but did probably commit last week. I didn’t want to feel embarrassed by stopping and explaining the situation and I did think I committed the sin the prior week without confessing it. I have also since been thinking more about the past week and there may have been ways that the sin I confessed may have applied to this week.
From the perspective of the non-scrupulous conscience, did I do anything sinful in this specific case or if this happens in the future? I’m pretty sure I didn’t, but a second opinion would do wonders.
I’m fighting through my scrupulosity to see that the latter situation is ok and I may confess it next week if I decide it was mortal (this is the unfortunate thought process of the scrupulous since I should know if it was a mortal sin or not…). During confession, I read and confessed the sin that I probably didn’t commit this week, but did probably commit last week. I didn’t want to feel embarrassed by stopping and explaining the situation and I did think I committed the sin the prior week without confessing it. I have also since been thinking more about the past week and there may have been ways that the sin I confessed may have applied to this week.
From the perspective of the non-scrupulous conscience, did I do anything sinful in this specific case or if this happens in the future? I’m pretty sure I didn’t, but a second opinion would do wonders.