Confession and the Fatima devotion

  • Thread starter Thread starter JackVk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackVk

Guest
I realized that I have been committing the sin of rash judgment and want to catch my priest before Mass tomorrow morning for confession. But I have also heeded the message of Our Lady of Fatima and started the Five First Saturdays devotion. I want to go to confession so I can take communion, but will that invalidate my reason to confess on Saturday, in accordance with the devotion? You guys make the call.

Ugh. Too much jargon and complex devotions :rolleyes:
 
I realized that I have been committing the sin of rash judgment and want to catch my priest before Mass tomorrow morning for confession. But I have also heeded the message of Our Lady of Fatima and started the Five First Saturdays devotion. I want to go to confession so I can take communion, but will that invalidate my reason to confess on Saturday, in accordance with the devotion? You guys make the call.

Ugh. Too much jargon and complex devotions :rolleyes:
I’ve been wondering something similar! I confess on the first Friday of each month. I am currently doing both the First Fridays devotion to the Sacred Heart and the First Saturdays devotion to the Immaculate Heart… now, if I confess on the first Friday, do I need to re-confess on the first Saturday??? :confused:
 
I realized that I have been committing the sin of rash judgment and want to catch my priest before Mass tomorrow morning for confession. But I have also heeded the message of Our Lady of Fatima and started the Five First Saturdays devotion. I want to go to confession so I can take communion, but will that invalidate my reason to confess on Saturday, in accordance with the devotion? You guys make the call.

Ugh. Too much jargon and complex devotions :rolleyes:
I thought that the church accepts confession within the week of the first friday, same for the Divine Mercy devotion, confession is accepted within one week of the devotion. Check with your priest to confirm.
 
I realized that I have been committing the sin of rash judgment and want to catch my priest before Mass tomorrow morning for confession. But I have also heeded the message of Our Lady of Fatima and started the Five First Saturdays devotion. I want to go to confession so I can take communion, but will that invalidate my reason to confess on Saturday, in accordance with the devotion? You guys make the call.

Ugh. Too much jargon and complex devotions :rolleyes:
First off…if the rash judgment was not a mortal sin…one would not need to confess of course before Communion (if it was…then of course confess)

Secondly one may confess tomorrow…and make a devotional confession of any sins (even if already confessed) one is sorry for on Saturday…or any that happen from tomorrow til Saturday… for the First Saturday devotion. No worries…really. relax…Love our Lord Jesus Christ…love Our Lady…keep praying 🙂

Let us live in Christ
 
I realized that I have been committing the sin of rash judgment and want to catch my priest before Mass tomorrow morning for confession. But I have also heeded the message of Our Lady of Fatima and started the Five First Saturdays devotion. I want to go to confession so I can take communion, but will that invalidate my reason to confess on Saturday, in accordance with the devotion? You guys make the call.

Ugh. Too much jargon and complex devotions :rolleyes:
is this a trick question?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top