M
MaryHerboth
Guest
Lent is a time for really surrendering ourselves into the hands of God’s Mercy and love. I don’t know why we hang on to our sins as tight as we do. I know I do. I’d rather keep my sins then trade them in for God’s mercy - or so it seems - for me it helps to read the saints and to really try to grasp all that is happening when we go to confession. When I begin to see the wealth of love that God wishes to pour into my heart if only I open it to him — then the grip I have on my sins begins to lessen and I feel like running to the confessional as fast as I can!
Here’s a beautiful quote on the Sacrament of Reconciliation from St. Isidore of Seville, that has helped me a lot:
“Confession heals, confession justifies, confession grants pardon of sin. All hope consists in confession. In confession there is a chance for mercy. Believe it firmly. Do not doubt, do not hesitate, never despair of the mercy of God. Hope and have confidence in confession.” -
My son used this quote in a short video on confession **HERE **
Here’s a beautiful quote on the Sacrament of Reconciliation from St. Isidore of Seville, that has helped me a lot:
“Confession heals, confession justifies, confession grants pardon of sin. All hope consists in confession. In confession there is a chance for mercy. Believe it firmly. Do not doubt, do not hesitate, never despair of the mercy of God. Hope and have confidence in confession.” -
My son used this quote in a short video on confession **HERE **