Confession of St. Augustine hard cover free

  • Thread starter Thread starter COPLAND_3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

COPLAND_3

Guest
I have been cleaning out my office at work and I have more than one copy of books that I don’t want to throw away. I have a beautiful hard cover of the Confessions of St. Augustine that I refuse to throw away but I have a few other copies as well, it is like throwing away perfectly good Bibles, I won’t do it because others can use it and be blessed by it. If anyone wants it then contact me and I will send it to you for free. My contact info is here litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/Contact+me
 
While I already have confessions, do you have any other stuff that you’ve found you don’t need? I really need to bump up my collection of patristic writings in my library. I don’t have much money, but I’d be happy to pay for shipping. Thanks.
 
While I already have confessions, do you have any other stuff that you’ve found you don’t need? I really need to bump up my collection of patristic writings in my library. I don’t have much money, but I’d be happy to pay for shipping. Thanks.
Just send me an email and I will see what I can do.
 
I think this thread is a great idea and should probably be “generic-ified” to include any books that people want to give away.

I have three books that are just taking up space on my shelf- none of them are in mint condition and one of them is quite old, but I’m glad to send them to the first folks who ask.

Ascent of Mount Carmel (Old, yellowing pages- nothing missing)
Dark Night of the Soul (Newer, back cover ripped a little- nothing missing)
Introduction to the Devout Life (Newer, pretty good condition- nothing missing)
 
I think this thread is a great idea and should probably be “generic-ified” to include any books that people want to give away.

I have three books that are just taking up space on my shelf- none of them are in mint condition and one of them is quite old, but I’m glad to send them to the first folks who ask.

Ascent of Mount Carmel (Old, yellowing pages- nothing missing)
Dark Night of the Soul (Newer, back cover ripped a little- nothing missing)
Introduction to the Devout Life (Newer, pretty good condition- nothing missing)
It is a very good idea! By the way those writings by St. John of the Cross are excellent, I have them too.

I wish that I had the money to provide free copies of vast amounts of the Fathers because I strongly believe that their works are very important and that Christians today need to turn to them the way the the generations did before.
 
It’s unclear from the posts above; has anyone claimed this, yet? Interested

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight
 
I didn’t want Confessions since I already had it. I don’t think Smith wanted them either.
 
I think this thread is a great idea and should probably be “generic-ified” to include any books that people want to give away.

I have three books that are just taking up space on my shelf- none of them are in mint condition and one of them is quite old, but I’m glad to send them to the first folks who ask.

Ascent of Mount Carmel (Old, yellowing pages- nothing missing)
Dark Night of the Soul (Newer, back cover ripped a little- nothing missing)
Introduction to the Devout Life (Newer, pretty good condition- nothing missing)
Is the Ascent of Mount Carmel the abridged version that Christian Classics did? If not, then I would love to have it. Also, Introduction to the Devout Life would be fantastic to have. 👍
 
It’s unabridged, published by Doubleday. E. Allison Peers is the translator. PM me with an address and I’ll get them in the mail tomorrow at lunchtime.

I still have a copy of Dark Night of the Soul for anyone who wants it. 🙂
 
I still have Introduction to the Devout Life if anyone wants it. It really is a fantastic book.

I’ll dig around and see if I have anything else I can let go of and post them later.
 
I am a technology freak. As a result I was nearly crippled, having to walk with two canes. I adopted some baby goats and started walking with them, and though I still have a bad back I can hike with the best of them and do not need canes now. The goats carry my gear.

I have done almost all of my study using technology, and miss having something to read when I am hiking with the goats.

I would be very happy to take and read any of the early fathers in book form, and anything concerning typology.

I would promise to read them and to pass them on through this forum when done. I’ll even pay postage.

Thanks.

Bob
PM me if interested.
 
I have been cleaning out my office at work and I have more than one copy of books that I don’t want to throw away. I have a beautiful hard cover of the Confessions of St. Augustine that I refuse to throw away but I have a few other copies as well, it is like throwing away perfectly good Bibles, I won’t do it because others can use it and be blessed by it. If anyone wants it then contact me and I will send it to you for free. My contact info is here litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/Contact+me
My local KoC is donating books to the VA and Wounded Warriors. There’s an idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top