M
Mel_Stones
Guest
I know forgotten sins are forgiven during Confession. I always write down my sins during my examination of conscious but never look at it during Confession. Today during Confession (as always) I was extremely nervous and hurried and forgetful. I felt there was something I was forgetting but still didn’t look at my notes. I’m not worried about whether or not my sins are forgiven because I know they are (they were venial anyway). I was just wondering if next time I should just read my sins since I always write them anyway?
Also Father always starts with the Sign of the Cross and saying “peace be with you” - am I suppose to say something in response? He just waits patiently and I say my sins. I’ve mentioned to him more than once that I’m never confident in my knowledge of the rubric for Confession and he’s never had a response. I always just take his lack of response as a sign to keep doing what I’m doing.
Can someone spell out exactly what I’m suppose to say and do during Confession?
Also Father always starts with the Sign of the Cross and saying “peace be with you” - am I suppose to say something in response? He just waits patiently and I say my sins. I’ve mentioned to him more than once that I’m never confident in my knowledge of the rubric for Confession and he’s never had a response. I always just take his lack of response as a sign to keep doing what I’m doing.
Can someone spell out exactly what I’m suppose to say and do during Confession?