J
jeanne71350
Guest
Hi everyone,
I have not been to Confession in a few months, mainly because I get to be really, really scruplulous. I try to look at examination of conscience things, but I get so confused as to what actually counts and what doesn’t, and I’m terrfied of making a sacriligious Confession by spurting off all these sins that I don’t know if they actually need to be Confessed or not Confessing mortal sins in kind and number, and end up going to Mass and making a sacriligious Eucharist. I know that if you honestly forget something, it is still forgiven, but I have religion teachers who, trying to get kids to live a good Christian life and not fall into traps, speak harshly and like everything is a sin and that we need to go to Confession a lot, and it worries me. I pray that God will let me truly know if I have offended Him, and that brings me some peace. After bascially everything I do, I ask myself if it is a sin, is it grave matter, and I just confuse myself and worry myself that if I go to Mass I’ll be making a sacriligous Eucharist. I’m always saying Act of Contritions. Bad thoughts pop into my head at every second of the day, and I am always praying Hail Marys to chase them away but they come back. I can hardly even look at men anymore. I feel the need to like read about everything that I do to see if it is a mortal sin or not. If I pass up an opprutunity to go to Mass or Adoration during the week because of schoolwork, I feel like I’m sinning. I would go to a priest about this, but I don’t even know what I’m thinking half the time, and it is just so confusing. I’m so worried. I have a pretty decent prayer life, I go to Mass every Sunday, I say a daily Rosary, I do Adoration once a week, and I do other prayers like novenas and Lectino Divina sometimes. Weekly Eucharist and rosary are my strength, and without them this scrupulosity would be a million times worse. I feel like I need to go to Confession, but I don’t know what, how, or if to Confess. I’m really scared.
Any help/prayers is appreciated.
God bless all of you!
-Jeanne
I have not been to Confession in a few months, mainly because I get to be really, really scruplulous. I try to look at examination of conscience things, but I get so confused as to what actually counts and what doesn’t, and I’m terrfied of making a sacriligious Confession by spurting off all these sins that I don’t know if they actually need to be Confessed or not Confessing mortal sins in kind and number, and end up going to Mass and making a sacriligious Eucharist. I know that if you honestly forget something, it is still forgiven, but I have religion teachers who, trying to get kids to live a good Christian life and not fall into traps, speak harshly and like everything is a sin and that we need to go to Confession a lot, and it worries me. I pray that God will let me truly know if I have offended Him, and that brings me some peace. After bascially everything I do, I ask myself if it is a sin, is it grave matter, and I just confuse myself and worry myself that if I go to Mass I’ll be making a sacriligous Eucharist. I’m always saying Act of Contritions. Bad thoughts pop into my head at every second of the day, and I am always praying Hail Marys to chase them away but they come back. I can hardly even look at men anymore. I feel the need to like read about everything that I do to see if it is a mortal sin or not. If I pass up an opprutunity to go to Mass or Adoration during the week because of schoolwork, I feel like I’m sinning. I would go to a priest about this, but I don’t even know what I’m thinking half the time, and it is just so confusing. I’m so worried. I have a pretty decent prayer life, I go to Mass every Sunday, I say a daily Rosary, I do Adoration once a week, and I do other prayers like novenas and Lectino Divina sometimes. Weekly Eucharist and rosary are my strength, and without them this scrupulosity would be a million times worse. I feel like I need to go to Confession, but I don’t know what, how, or if to Confess. I’m really scared.
Any help/prayers is appreciated.
God bless all of you!
-Jeanne