Confession Validation Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter tsnfan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tsnfan

Guest
At my last confession, I thought I had properly gone over the number and kind of sins. When in the confessional, I discovered I might have committed one of the sins more than I thought. This may be a big sin. I was nervous and went ahead with the number I wrote down. I tried to think of a better number in the confessional, but I could not come up with one under pressure with certainty. Is my confession valid? Are there any resources to help out in this situation? Thank you.
 
Do you think God is some petty little tyrant? The point of confession is not to cause anxiety, but to bring you peace by knowing that Jesus’s sacrifice on the cross has allowed your sins to be forgiven. You did the best you could. Be at peace.
 
Forgetting to confess something or not knowing something was a sin, does not mean you weren’t forgiven. You have been forgiven. Next time, if you do it again, confess it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top