Confirmation names

  • Thread starter Thread starter OnlyAmbrose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OnlyAmbrose

Guest
What exactly is the significance of a Confirmation name? I’ve been Confirmed, but the concept of the name I chose seems little more than a saint medallion- you choose a saint protector.

I was wondering if it’s supposed to become part of your real name, or just something you “have”.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
 
What exactly is the significance of a Confirmation name? I’ve been Confirmed, but the concept of the name I chose seems little more than a saint medallion- you choose a saint protector.

I was wondering if it’s supposed to become part of your real name, or just something you “have”.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
You choose a Saibts name because you indentfy with a special Saint. You have something in common. This is why you read the biographies of Saints.
 
I had my confirmation done just before my marriage was blessed by the Church. I wasn’t given a saints name, but my real name (Timothy) was used. Does that mean my Saint’s name is Timothy?
 
I had my confirmation done just before my marriage was blessed by the Church. I wasn’t given a saints name, but my real name (Timothy) was used. Does that mean my Saint’s name is Timothy?
Yup. Saints names are not required for validity of Confirmation. A new Baptismal or confirmation name was given when most people had pagan (non-Christian) names. Sort of like many young people today.
 
Yup. Saints names are not required for validity of Confirmation. A new Baptismal or confirmation name was given when most people had pagan (non-Christian) names. Sort of like many young people today.
Thank You, Tim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top