Confirmation Questions Abroad

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wonderlust
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wonderlust

Guest
Hi,
So It’s about time that I pick my confirmation sponsor as I have one more year (or set) of classes until I can make my confirmation. The sponsor I want lives in Scotland (was confirmed in a Catholic Church though) and I live in the United States. Does anyone know if it’s possible for me to go to Scotland and be confirmed at her local church with her as my sponsor? If it is possible, does anyone know the process I would do to go about doing this? Any help would be great. Thank You!
 
You need to talk to your pastor and she needs to talk to the pastor of her church to see if they are willing to undertake the necessary cooperation. These aren’t questions we can answer for them.
 
I do know you can name her as your sponsor and have a proxy stand in her place during your confirmation in your local church, if need be. If it’s possible for you to travel to Scotland, however, I’d wonder why it isn’t possible for her to travel to you.
 
We had proxies stand up with a few people last night. So yes, it’s possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top