Confirmation Saint for younger brother

  • Thread starter Thread starter hamburglar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hamburglar

Guest
I am my younger brother’s sponsor for his Confirmation. I asked him if he had thought about a Confirmation saint, and he said the Parish doesn’t allow candidates to choose a saint. I am somewhat baffled by this. It would make sense if the Parish said they weren’t required, but to forbid the children from choosing patrons seems…bizarre.

Should I encourage my younger brother to pray and find a patron saint for his Confirmation, regardless of what the parish says?
 
by now you will probably be asked to attend a candidate sponsor meeting with him, and you can ask your question, but I am confident he misunderstood, and has been told it is not required to choose a new saint for Confirmation, but recommended to learn all you an about your baptismal name saint.
 
Yes, tell him to choose one. Also tell him to tll the priest that he is allowed and encouraged by Canon Law to choose one (Just a suggestion 😉 )
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top