Confirmed 3 years after Tubiligation

• Thread starter Thread starter drcolter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drcolter

I was born into the Catholic church, but I was lapsed for many years, though I went off and on. I was not confirmed until last year at 42 years old, four years after I had a tubligation following the birth of my second child at 38. I really felt I could not handle any more children especially as my husband , a fully and devoutedly lapsed Catholic, gives little support in running the household or caring for the children. I also work full time as a high school teacher; I am always exhausted. I also have rhumatoid arthritis. I do not regret my decision to have my tubes tied and could not do anything asbout it even if I did. In trying to follow the church fully, I find myself in a bind with this. Can you give me some thoughts?

The Church does not require you to reverse the tubiligation, but you should pray to God for the grace to understand why the Church teaches as it does on the grave matter of contraception and sterilization, and pray for the grace that your feelings on the issue will come to reflect the right moral order. You may also wish to speak with an orthodox and balanced priest or spiritual director for further advice.

Here are some helpful resources:

Humanae Vitae by Pope Paul VI

God, Sex, & Babies by Christopher West

Birth Control by Catholic Answers

Contraception and Sterilization by Catholic Answers

Contraception: Why Not? by Janet Smith (audio tape)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back