P
Patrick60
Guest
A friend asked me this question in email.
My friend is getting married for the second time in Hawaii. Both he and his fiance are baptized Christians. But her parents want them to get married at their church, which is Episcopal and also performs homosexual marriages. Would their marriage still be valid and sacramental?
My answer was *I would say that if his first marriage was Roman Catholic, if he is getting married without an annulment, that the answer is no, the second marriage would not be valid and certainly not sacramental. *
But I would like to confirm this.
My friend is getting married for the second time in Hawaii. Both he and his fiance are baptized Christians. But her parents want them to get married at their church, which is Episcopal and also performs homosexual marriages. Would their marriage still be valid and sacramental?
My answer was *I would say that if his first marriage was Roman Catholic, if he is getting married without an annulment, that the answer is no, the second marriage would not be valid and certainly not sacramental. *
But I would like to confirm this.