Consciously sinned

  • Thread starter Thread starter Antonio22
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a difference is between what you know and what you choose to reject.
If you are never taught that certain acts are sinful, then you can’t be culpable. If you are taught that they are sinful but choose to believe otherwise, then you can be held culpable.
 
But that brings about two questions.

A) What about the conscience? Are people not given a conscience (some might prefer to call it the Holy Spirit) by God, whether they choose to believe it or not? This is basically their right or wrong meter and does it make a difference if they do something that they know is wrong, but don’t believe it’s a sin because they don’t believe in God or sins? Is it still not a sin then?

And, further on form this

B) What if they have been told about God and have been told that certain actions are sins, but choose not to believe in God and choose not to believe that what they do is sinful? Does it still not count as a sin then if they continue to do it?
 
This is basically their right or wrong meter and does it make a difference if they do something that they know is wrong, but don’t believe it’s a sin because they don’t believe in God or sins? Is it still not a sin then?
Wojciech if they don’t believe in God, who is counting what they’re doing or not doing as a sin?

As for the Holy Spirit and your conscience… I don’t think they’re the same thing.

The Holy Spirit is in you fighting for you to do God’s will. Okay, fighting isn’t really the right word, but they are helping you… maybe guiding, encouraging you, supporting, loving you, advising you, leading you to do God’s will. God talks to you trough the Holy Spirit.

You’re conscience is just a little yucky feeling you get when you do something wrong and that’s only if you think what you’re doing is wrong. People who don’t believe in God have a conscience… just like people who don’t believe in God can do the right thing, willing to help, can love.

I think there is difference between the two

Besides the fact in order for you to have the Holy Spirit you have to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

I also think the people who don’t have a conscience are psychopath… I think.

Want to hear something real funny, I was just talking about this in the car today… I had the same questions you did, and it just hit me how much more stronger having the Holy Spirit in you over just the conscience to do the right thing… did I mention I was alone in the car. funny right?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top