Conservative Newspapers

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffrey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeffrey

Are there any in print? I"d like to check some out…maybe subscribe to’m.

40.png
Jeffrey:
Washington Times
Wall Street Journal
National Review

My state-wide newspaper: The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is conservative.

Most, if not all, of the national newspapers are mentioned.

The only one on the local level that I can think of is the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. From what I here, most of the publications owned by Richard Mellon Scaife (I do not know of any outside the Pittsburgh area) are on the conservative side.

PF

Personally,i like to read left-wing views as well as right-wing views.I don’t just read newspapers pushing the one political view.
They are all guilty of propaganda.I can remember a Conservative
Prime Minister in the United Kingdom,Margaret Thatcher,telling us to,"keep our guard up"when Gorbachev was introducing
reforms into Russia and some people were suggesting that we
ease up on the Arms Race.The same Maggie took the opposite line when Apartheid was beginning to be dismantled in South Africa."Encourage the minority-white government by easing up on the sanctions,"pleaded Maggie.One of Maggie’s Ministers, Norman Lamont,in a TV discussion,was very hostile to the Irish Rep.Army while defending the Chilean Dictator,Pinochet.
I have heard an American right-winger suggest the Falklands War
brought Britain to her knees.Actually,that war with the right-wing
military dictatorship of Argentina lasted all of three weeks.Now,if he had said that the left-wing anarchists of the IRA had given Britain a hard time,i would have agreed with him.That was probably the same guy who referred to people on Social Security as leeches.
A former History teacher of mine once said,“read different versions and try to read between the lines”.That way you come up
with your own conclusions,rather than the truth as one guy sees it.

40.png
gilliam:
Washington Times
Wall Street Journal
National Review
The connection between the Washington Times and the Moonies sort of bothers me. It is useless as a source of news if I want to ply some of my liberal friends with the info therein, as they just laugh and say that Moonies are absurd. The WSJ doesn’t get that reaction.

Anyway, the WSJ is a great paper, IMO.

40.png
Jeffrey:
the Oklahoman is a fairly conservative paper. They also have a website.

klb

I love the WSJ. I also take the Weekly Standard. Of course that’s owned by the eeeeeevil Rupert Murdoch, so you may be ostracized if you read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back