R
ramsfan10
Guest
Hello,
I was recently certified as an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion for the diocese of my university. Today at mass, the priest asked for two ministers to come forward, and so I went up. There was a large amount of wine in the cup for the amount of people present. Of the 60 or so people that come up to receive, less than 6-7 took the Precious Blood, so this left nearly half a cup of the Precious blood. As the same thing had happened to the other communion minister, I feared that the priest would have to consume a lot of the Precious Blood, so I finished what was remaining from my cup and returned it. Only afterwards did the other minister tell me that there was only a little left in her cup, and so there wouldnt have been a problem for the priest to consume all of what was remaining in my chalice. I acted on what I thought was right to do, but I did consume several mouthfuls of the Precious Blood. I feel bad about this, did I do something wrong. I guess I should have consumed some, taken it to the priest, and asked if he needed help in consuming the rest, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do, and i was a little nervous. Any opinions? thanks.
I was recently certified as an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion for the diocese of my university. Today at mass, the priest asked for two ministers to come forward, and so I went up. There was a large amount of wine in the cup for the amount of people present. Of the 60 or so people that come up to receive, less than 6-7 took the Precious Blood, so this left nearly half a cup of the Precious blood. As the same thing had happened to the other communion minister, I feared that the priest would have to consume a lot of the Precious Blood, so I finished what was remaining from my cup and returned it. Only afterwards did the other minister tell me that there was only a little left in her cup, and so there wouldnt have been a problem for the priest to consume all of what was remaining in my chalice. I acted on what I thought was right to do, but I did consume several mouthfuls of the Precious Blood. I feel bad about this, did I do something wrong. I guess I should have consumed some, taken it to the priest, and asked if he needed help in consuming the rest, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do, and i was a little nervous. Any opinions? thanks.