R
Rose71
Guest
This is a question about people who have been prescribed the contraceptive pill (like me) but who do not take it as a contraceptive.
For years I suffered from really bad flu-like symptoms every few weeks, with chronic back pain, aching joints, becomming very tired and all sorts of little random annoyances, like sore eyes; suddenly low pain threshold etc.
It turns out, after much to-ing and fro-ing, that my body does not know how to respond to the hormone surges and basically sees itself as being ‘under attack’. In non-medical terms, my immune system is a bit clueless

Anyway, as you can imagine, being like this on and off for over 10 years has meant that I have been very reluctant to enter into any kind of serious relationship with any man, because I have a very demanding job and coupled with being ill every few weeks, for the most part, I deliberately didn’t go seeking anyone out! (yes - I do have my close male friend who I love dearly, but I’ve accepted this can’t happen without a miracle - definitely not if Chevalier is on the Tribunal
) (sorry - your comments were appreciated - just can’t resist a small dig
)
However, as a result of my experiences with my friend, I’ve done lots and lots of research on annulments and the validity of marriage and one thing that strikes me is that if I did get married - but deliberatley chose to keep taking the pill for my own health and sanity - and to enable me to function as a good and supportive wife - am I undermining one of the fundamentals of marriage? Or is it counted as the same as someone who believes they are barren but remains hopeful to the idea that God is all-powerful and could send them a child if He wished? To me the difference is that I would be deliberately sabotaging my chances of conception.
For years I suffered from really bad flu-like symptoms every few weeks, with chronic back pain, aching joints, becomming very tired and all sorts of little random annoyances, like sore eyes; suddenly low pain threshold etc.
It turns out, after much to-ing and fro-ing, that my body does not know how to respond to the hormone surges and basically sees itself as being ‘under attack’. In non-medical terms, my immune system is a bit clueless
Anyway, as you can imagine, being like this on and off for over 10 years has meant that I have been very reluctant to enter into any kind of serious relationship with any man, because I have a very demanding job and coupled with being ill every few weeks, for the most part, I deliberately didn’t go seeking anyone out! (yes - I do have my close male friend who I love dearly, but I’ve accepted this can’t happen without a miracle - definitely not if Chevalier is on the Tribunal
However, as a result of my experiences with my friend, I’ve done lots and lots of research on annulments and the validity of marriage and one thing that strikes me is that if I did get married - but deliberatley chose to keep taking the pill for my own health and sanity - and to enable me to function as a good and supportive wife - am I undermining one of the fundamentals of marriage? Or is it counted as the same as someone who believes they are barren but remains hopeful to the idea that God is all-powerful and could send them a child if He wished? To me the difference is that I would be deliberately sabotaging my chances of conception.