Convalidation

  • Thread starter Thread starter smty3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smty3

Guest
Hello All,

I am having my marriage Convalidated next Thursday on my 3 year civil wedding anniversary. I am planning to have a very small ceremony because it is Lent. Our Diocese is allowing weddings during Lent, I guess this is a new thing I am new and in RCIA. Our Decon is performing the ceremony and I have a few questions since this is happening so fast. Deacon is so busy these days I would rather ask my peers than bogg him down with so many questions, although we would be happy to answer them.

My questions:
  • Do I pay my Deacon for performing the ceremony? No one has said anything to me about this.
  • If so, how much?
  • How “dressed up” should we be do you thing since it is a small ceremony?
Thank you any help is greatly appreciated.
 
the parish secretary can probably advise you on a suggested amount for a stipend for the deacon, be aware many of them are retired and this is a significant source of their income. What would you pay for an hour of the time of any professional? that is a good guideline, and an hour minimum, the way a lawyer would charge.

Whatever is appropriate for church or business attire (not business casual) would work for a small wedding but you can make your own dress as dressy as you wish, as long as it is modest. Personally I would advise getting a good suit you can wear again, but depends on you budget.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top