=adolfo123;6908011]Is their any passages in scripture that causes people to convert ?
THERE ARE BUT they are either ignored, explained away with personal understanding, or taught incorrectly. Here are some examples…
Jesus Speaking to Saint Peter [singular}
**Matt.16: 19 “I [JESUS] will give [did give to] you [Peter and My CC] the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Jesus now speaking to the Twelve Apostles:
**Matt.18:18 **“Truly, I [Jesus]say to you,[My chosen Apostles to whom I leave care of My Church] whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
John Chapter Six vrs. 50 to 56 SPEAKING TO ALL OF US
“This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.” The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.”
KNOWN AND PROMISED FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS AS CHRIST DIRECTS AND INTENDED…
John 20: 19-23 Aga9in speaking to all of us!
John.20 Verses 19 to 23
"On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. **Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.”[Speaking to the Apostles] **[22] And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you [My Pope, Bishops and Priest] forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any,[IF YOU DON’T Forgive] they are retained.” [They remain unforgiven!]
And yes it is God not the priest actually forgiving one’s sins.
If anyone would take these verses exactly as God spoke them, without twising and peverting there message; such a person would be compelled to convert! AMEN!
Love and prayers,
Pat