"Cool" Christian music for kids?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Irish_Becca
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irish_Becca

Guest
My boys are 6 and 3 and are really into “cool” music. I made them a CD of songs like Eye of the Tiger, Life is a Highway, Hip to be Square, and I Would Walk 500 Miles. They love it! I would like to make another using Christian music - never miss an opportunity to plant those righteous seeds. 😃

Any suggestions?
 
I dig hardcore Christan Metal, like Mortal Treason, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains…or, I just saw their ages…

Jars of Clay
Creed
Sixpence None the Richer

Just some beginnings…good luck!
 
Jars of Clay
Creed
Sixpence None the Richer
Geesh I spoke it about tag teaming and I was right.👍 Awesome suggestions.

For kids Jump 5 and the Elms are good

Along the Christian vein…I’d also add Steven Curtis Chapman, Matthew West, Rich Mullins

Joya Farmer, Kelly Pease, Bob Rice, Chris Rice, Martin Domin, Matt Mahar are all great Catholic artists
 
I’ve always loved Jars of Clay. 🙂

You might want to check out GoFish. The bass singer was a coworker of mine a few years ago. Their tagline is “Great music for kids that won’t drive parents bonkers.”

They have a new Christmas album that is entirely focused on the Christ part of the holiday season. Their non-holiday albums are also faith-focused. They also tour and have concerts that are specifically tailored to the preschool/elementary demographic.

Their website: gofishguys.com/
(You can see videos and listen to samples of their music.)

Featured in Focus on the Family magazine last year:
gofishguys.com/cms/pages/posts/go-fish-featured-in-focus-on-the-family-magazines9.php
 
oooh that reminds me of the now-defunct 5-Iorn Frenzy and Rooper

Containing such hits as:
Kitty doggy kitty doggy I LOVE YOU
Kingdom of the Dionasaurs
When I go out I play in the street
and
The blue comb song
 
This is great! Thank you so much for all the suggestions! 😃
 
My 4, 5, 7 and 8 year old younger siblings love Toby Mac. Especially the songs that his young son performs. They also love Veggie Rocks - it’s a lot of the old Veggie Tale songs, but sung by people like Rebecca St. James, Newsboys, etc. I don’t think Donut Man is considered cool anymore (much to my dismay - I was a Donut Man fan girl in my preschool days), but they still listen to the Mandarin Chinese versions of the Donut Man songs. The 8-going-on-25-year-old sister is too cool for regular Donut Man, but the fact that the songs are in Chinese keeps it on her okay to listen to list. 😃
 
My 4, 5, 7 and 8 year old younger siblings love Toby Mac. Especially the songs that his young son performs. They also love Veggie Rocks - it’s a lot of the old Veggie Tale songs, but sung by people like Rebecca St. James, Newsboys, etc. I don’t think Donut Man is considered cool anymore (much to my dismay - I was a Donut Man fan girl in my preschool days), but they still listen to the Mandarin Chinese versions of the Donut Man songs. The 8-going-on-25-year-old sister is too cool for regular Donut Man, but the fact that the songs are in Chinese keeps it on her okay to listen to list. 😃
You do know that the Donut Man has converted to Catholicism. Heck, he is now the coolest one on this list!!
 
Haha - yes, I did know! Whenever my non-denom friends ask why I’m converting, I tell them “Hey, it was good enough for the Donut Man.” 😉
 
**Danielle Rose is Catholic & her music is fantastic! **She is now in discernment with The Disciples of Our Lord Jesus Christ, a Franciscan Order dljc.org/english/index.cfm?active=1 In January 2004, Danielle received the personal blessing of Pope John Paul II during an audience in Rome, when she presented him with her album “Mysteries,” and promised him, “I am your messenger to the young people to take up the rosary once again.” Her release "Mysteries is so beautiful & Scriptural as well! daniellerose.com/pages/1/index.htm myspace.com/daniellerosemusic

Jon Foreman of Switchfoot is great too (he’s not Catholic, but Christian) listen here youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo&feature=related, youtube.com/watch?v=YOCZ3U3Znm8&feature=related

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark
 
I’ve always loved Jars of Clay. 🙂

You might want to check out GoFish. The bass singer was a coworker of mine a few years ago. Their tagline is “Great music for kids that won’t drive parents bonkers.”

They have a new Christmas album that is entirely focused on the Christ part of the holiday season. Their non-holiday albums are also faith-focused. They also tour and have concerts that are specifically tailored to the preschool/elementary demographic.

Their website: gofishguys.com/
(You can see videos and listen to samples of their music.)

Featured in Focus on the Family magazine last year:
gofishguys.com/cms/pages/posts/go-fish-featured-in-focus-on-the-family-magazines9.php
These guys are great! I’m buying the album. 🙂
 
My 4, 5, 7 and 8 year old younger siblings love Toby Mac. Especially the songs that his young son performs. They also love Veggie Rocks - it’s a lot of the old Veggie Tale songs, but sung by people like Rebecca St. James, Newsboys, etc. I don’t think Donut Man is considered cool anymore (much to my dismay - I was a Donut Man fan girl in my preschool days), but they still listen to the Mandarin Chinese versions of the Donut Man songs. The 8-going-on-25-year-old sister is too cool for regular Donut Man, but the fact that the songs are in Chinese keeps it on her okay to listen to list. 😃
I’m listening to Toby Mac and I like it! Very nice music. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top