Coping with accidental death of my 19 year old son

  • Thread starter Thread starter dogtorbill
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogtorbill

Guest
This is my first post and first thread.
I am a 50 year old cradle Catholic with what I had considered a very strong, unshakable faith. I listen to EWTN daily and make a yearly Ignatian retreat. I have five children.

Three months ago, my 19 year old son was tragically killed in an accident while studying in China. A daughter and I went to retrieve him, much like the last movie we watched together, “The Way.” (please watch this movie) He was a beautiful Christ filled young man, unlike most of his contemporaries - a truth seeker who enjoyed Mass, Adoration and serving God. Our last journey together was 2 months before he left, when we went to Haiti on a mission.

I have many questions, but three are consuming. How do we as Catholics reconcile the statement of “God’s Plan?” Was he brought into this world with the Providential plan that he would slip and fall to his death? Or did he truly have free will to make the dumb decision to climb in the first place? Just seems to me a real waste of a huge amount of effort to form this wonderful person, who was just beginning to touch his contemporaries in awesome ways - how many lives/souls could he have saved in the next 70 years?

I suppose we can all recall many, many times in our lives when we really should have died, many times doing dumber things than my son - and thanked our “Guardian Angel,” or decided the “Lord must have more plans for me,” or whatever. Does that mean He had no plans for my own son? Do guardian angels even exist? Seems unlikely today.

And if God causes all to happen, how do we reconcile this “all loving God” we worship with natural disasters, crimes, and suffering, etc. So, “today” this is my theology:

I have decided God is omniscient, knowing all that will happen, all the calamities we will experience, all of our choices that we make, and allows us to make our own choices, and judging us by them. - But this does not support “God’s loving hand orchestrating all.”

Question two. Do our beloved departed appearing in dreams, etc. really represent “apparations,” or special messages for us? Has the Church addressed this?
And why are some people “blessed” with this phenomenon, but not others, often excluding those most desiring that “message.” Part two of this second question concerns meeting with genuine spiritual advisors. I’ve been told that this is forbidden because we lack the ability to discern good vs evil spirit communications. Can’t the case be made that we open ourselves up to this while in deep contemplative prayer?

Question three:“Lord I do believe, help my unbelief.” I truly feel that I am living the opera song by Helen Sjöholm - You Have To Be There (youtube it); which basically says, "What the heck? Why would you let this happen? What am I doing wrong? but then again, I vow to continue, because - “Lord, where would we go?” Basically Pascal’s wager.

Thanks for everyone’s help. I hope I’ve posted this correctly! Is this the best forum? Should I also cross post to a different forum? Much Love.
 
I am so sorry. I have two teenaged sons, and I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are in.

*Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. *Matt. 10:28

I knew a priest who often recieved “special messages”. He said he *never *looked for them, and he cautioned that nothing could be more dangerous. The devil is a liar and a seducer, and there is nowhere where a soul is more vulnerable than in the world of the occult. Do not let anyone tell you that he or she can lead you safely through that territory. *No one *can promise that, and that is why it is forbidden.

As for your son’s accident, while he was not fortunate to die, he was fortunate to have followed a wisdom of living so that death could not catch him unaware, as so many of us do, especially when we are young and convince ourselves that our death is still remote. He was ready to die in an hour or live for 70 years, and that should be an inspiration to all of us. We know not the day or the hour. The Lord said clearly that an untimely death does not just come upon those who are the worst, but can come upon anyone:

At that time some people who were present there told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with the blood of their sacrifices. He said to them in reply, “Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this way they were greater sinners than all other Galileans? By no means! But I tell you, if you do not repent, you will all perish as they did! Or those eighteen people who were killed when the tower at Siloam fell on them - do you think they were more guilty than everyone else who lived in Jerusalem? By no means! But I tell you, if you do not repent, you will all perish as they did!” Luke 13:1-5

God did not send his Son to die, but to redeem an evil world, a world which kills the innocent and those who speak the truth. I suppose some would say I am splitting hairs, that it was a suicide mission, but the reason he came was the mission, not to pursue his own death, but to redeem mankind by facing human death in fidelity and innocence. Why did he die so soon? Why was he allowed to preach and to heal for such a short time, called to ministry so late and being murdered so soon? He suffered what the world held in store for him, and by that he accomplished the redemption of the world. There is no good time for a generous person with so much to give to die, but when we are faithful, whatever happens and whatever time things happen is made by God into the right time. Out of death, God brings resurrection. In God’s plan is the plan to transform.

We do not just live in a world where free will can still lead to sin, but in a world where suffering and death have not yet been put to an end. We have to live knowing that we are going to go through physical death, that we are vulnerable to physical pain, that we are vulnerable to the consequences of sin. That is why we Catholics show the corpus still on the Cross: that is, because we are not all the Church Triumphant yet, but some are still the Church Militant and the Church Suffering, and we need to know that the Church doesn’t pretend otherwise.

I’m so sorry you have to go through this great sorrow. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted…May you indeed be surrounded by the comfort that God can give you, both directly to you and through his Church. Try to hang in there, and trust that following God’s law is the best way through this.
 
I am sorry for you loss as I have kids too and couldn’t imagine.
As for God’s plan, I would take that as being his overall plan in man’s salvation. I still think we have a place in that plan by our actions and/or path we take in life. Does he know the time and place? I don’t know. To your point I don’t think God interferes in our free will to choose.
That person has affected us so much there’s a place reserved for them in our heart and memories. This keeps us going and cherish those moments we had even more. Think of it in a positive way of how many lives he touched. As for the rest of your questions I don’t know. My opinion is we hope and we pray to see them again in the future.
God Bless
 
My heart broke as iI read this and I can only say how sorry I am for your families’ loss. Faith is an interesting concept to me and it will only be by faith that you will come to terms with this tradgedy. You must believe that God’s plan for your son was to bring him home early and you aren’t going to know why until you have your personal meeting with God. I am going to pray that you and your family can have the faith you need to accept God’s plan for your son and His timing. God bless each of you.
 
I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t begin to fathom the pain and suffering you are experiencing.

Please take what I am about to say with the grain…I wonder sometimes if its best not to question, but rather to trust. God’s ways are higher than our ways and God’s folly is greater than our wisdom. One day we will know God’s way and I just believe that it will be OK.

I don’t know, maybe God needed your son to go to purgatory on a mission to free some souls that have been stuck there too long. Maybe there is a redeeming aspect to your suffering that will be healing and strengthening for you and your family.

One thing I am sure of…God loves us abundantly and he has trusted you with the heaviest cross that you must bear. It will not be for naught.

May God bless you and know that you and your son are in my prayers
 
This is my first post and first thread.
I am a 50 year old cradle Catholic with what I had considered a very strong, unshakable faith. I listen to EWTN daily and make a yearly Ignatian retreat. I have five children.
Welcome to the boards.
Three months ago, my 19 year old son was tragically killed in an accident while studying in China. A daughter and I went to retrieve him, much like the last movie we watched together, “The Way.” (please watch this movie) He was a beautiful Christ filled young man, unlike most of his contemporaries - a truth seeker who enjoyed Mass, Adoration and serving God. Our last journey together was 2 months before he left, when we went to Haiti on a mission.
My condolences… I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you. Will try to help in whatever small way I am able.
I have many questions, but three are consuming. How do we as Catholics reconcile the statement of “God’s Plan?” Was he brought into this world with the Providential plan that he would slip and fall to his death? Or did he truly have free will to make the dumb decision to climb in the first place? Just seems to me a real waste of a huge amount of effort to form this wonderful person, who was just beginning to touch his contemporaries in awesome ways - how many lives/souls could he have saved in the next 70 years?
The sad part is that in so many ways, we simply cannot know.
We look at some tragedy and try to make sense of it. As far as God’s plans go… we cannot know who might be touched precisely because they knew what a wonderful witness he was. The one thing we can recognize is that, in all likelihood he died in a state of grace and so - is with Jesus.
I suppose we can all recall many, many times in our lives when we really should have died, many times doing dumber things than my son - and thanked our “Guardian Angel,” or decided the “Lord must have more plans for me,” or whatever. Does that mean He had no plans for my own son? Do guardian angels even exist? Seems unlikely today.
We could probably write a book on these questions…and I bet someone has already…
As to the Lord having plans - - I’m sure he does. But that does not mean that His plan for your son ended with this corporeal death. You now have a powerful advocate and he, united as he is with his Father in heaven, can do so much good here on earth…
Remember St Therese of Lisieux’s quote, “I want to spend my heaven doing good on earth.” I’m sure that is what he is doing now.
And if God causes all to happen, how do we reconcile this “all loving God” we worship with natural disasters, crimes, and suffering, etc. So, “today” this is my theology:
I have decided God is omniscient, knowing all that will happen, all the calamities we will experience, all of our choices that we make, and allows us to make our own choices, and judging us by them. - But this does not support “God’s loving hand orchestrating all.”
I think this is exactly right.
Question two. Do our beloved departed appearing in dreams, etc. really represent “apparations,” or special messages for us? Has the Church addressed this?
And why are some people “blessed” with this phenomenon, but not others, often excluding those most desiring that “message.”
The Church seems to be fairly neutral on the matter. Personal revelations are just that, personal…I suggest that one simply accept them and be grateful but not make too much out of them either. As for who receives the message…I’m afraid that is something we won’t know until we get to the other side ourselves.
Part two of this second question concerns meeting with genuine spiritual advisers. I’ve been told that this is forbidden because we lack the ability to discern good vs evil spirit communications. Can’t the case be made that we open ourselves up to this while in deep contemplative prayer?
Spiritual advisers who are Catholic and properly trained can be a great help in this. They are generally not called “advisers” but rather are “Spiritual directors”. Talk to your pastor if you would like to talk to one.
Question three:“Lord I do believe, help my unbelief.” I truly feel that I am living the opera song by Helen Sjöholm - You Have To Be There (youtube it); which basically says, "What the heck? Why would you let this happen? What am I doing wrong? but then again, I vow to continue, because - “Lord, where would we go?” Basically Pascal’s wager.
Pretty much everyone goes through this sort of thing. Even if a death is expected…these questions come up…My own dear wife is dying…and as much as I prayed, pleaded, and hoped, I know now that it is God’s will that she come home to him. The unexpected death of a young person is even more difficult.
Part of the problem is that we all tend to become to fixated on the here and now…the corporeal. As Christians we really need to focus differently. Your son is not dead. His soul lives. He is with the Lord…How much more alive can one get?
Yes we are sad that the loved one is no longer “with us”…There are many things we cannot “do” with them anymore…And yet they are as near as a prayer. As near - even nearer - to us as they ever were in “life”…We really should be happy for them…And I think that once we get through crying…we will be…
Thanks for everyone’s help. I hope I’ve posted this correctly! Is this the best forum? Should I also cross post to a different forum? Much Love.
You did just fine…
I hope my post is of some small comfort…

Peace
James
 
I cannot really improve upon Easter Joy’s wonderful words, but I offer you my heartfelt prayers in this time of loss.
 
I watch my parents age and I know that is going to be so hard to joyfully give them back to Our Lord.
My own children are adults now and I love them so much. There is no good time to lose a child, it seems so contrary to the way things, in my mind, ‘ought to be.’
I mourn your loss as I imagine the devastation losing one of my children would cause me. The best response I can share with you comes from our mass: (Psalm 116: 12, 13).

What shall I render to the Lord, for all the things he hath rendered unto me? I will take the chalice of salvation; and I will call upon the name of the Lord.

May God bless you and your family. Amen.
 
Your son sounds like a wonderful young man, from a wonderful and loving family. I can’t begin to imagine your grief or to explain anything, but I will pray for you.
 
Three months ago, my 19 year old son was tragically killed in an accident while studying in China.
I really have no words that can express my sympathies for you at what must be one of the hardest things any parent ever has to deal with. My heart goes out for you, Bill.
How do we as Catholics reconcile the statement of “God’s Plan?” Was he brought into this world with the Providential plan that he would slip and fall to his death? Or did he truly have free will to make the dumb decision to climb in the first place? Just seems to me a real waste of a huge amount of effort to form this wonderful person, who was just beginning to touch his contemporaries in awesome ways - how many lives/souls could he have saved in the next 70 years?
We don’t know “God’s plan”. What we do know is that we have free will, and that God allows our free will in keeping WITH His plan… and that all things are known to God and will work towards the greater good in the end. God exists outside of time, so it isn’t like God is sitting there wondering if and when we’ll make a decision… to Him all decisions are in keeping with the universe, which He created in entirety from beginning to end.

But to be more specific about your son, we can’t know what the plan is for him… oh yes, the plan for his life endures, beyond his tragic loss. You may never know what seeds he planted that will take root and grow by the grace of the Holy Spirit. It is possible that even in death your son has saved a great many lives and souls. It is possible that he is in heaven right now, praying to God from that special place of saints that the Holy Spirit intercede for those whom he inspired in life.

What I’m saying here is that God’s plan isn’t finished for your son, even though you might never see the fruits of that plan while you are on this earth… but eventually all will be revealed to us in heaven, and we will all understand God’s will for us. Until then we can only resign ourselves to trust God.
Does that mean He had no plans for my own son? Do guardian angels even exist? Seems unlikely today.
It means only that God’s plan for your son will go on with your son in a different way than you thought possible, not that God had no plans for him. Like I said above, you may never know how many seeds your son planted, or the power that he now has praying for the grace that those seeds may grow.

Do guardian angels exist? Surely, but their primary duty is our spiritual, rather than physical protection. And while they can protect us physically, the do not override our free will nor is it possible for our bodies to be made immortal. We are all going to die one day, but God will provide for us and we will continue on with opportunities to give greater glory.
And if God causes all to happen, how do we reconcile this “all loving God” we worship with natural disasters, crimes, and suffering, etc. So, “today” this is my theology:
God is not the proximate cause of ALL things… things like crime are caused by the free will of man, corrupted by original sin. Natural disasters cause death and suffering, yes, but I would posit the following:

Death of the Body is simply a reality of human life… whether we die old in a bed or in a volcanic eruption, one thing is clear: we all go through bodily death. The resultant emotional suffering of those who survive us is suffering precisely because of the joy and goodness we have… we suffer because we love, and have lost. Your suffering is a terrible thing indeed, but it is also a testament to the wonderful person your son must have been, and to the love that you have for him. But in your suffering, I hope you know that you will see your son again… that this is not goodbye and gone, but rather “I’ll see you again”
Question two. Do our beloved departed appearing in dreams, etc. really represent “apparations,” or special messages for us? Has the Church addressed this?
And why are some people “blessed” with this phenomenon, but not others, often excluding those most desiring that “message.” Part two of this second question concerns meeting with genuine spiritual advisors. I’ve been told that this is forbidden because we lack the ability to discern good vs evil spirit communications. Can’t the case be made that we open ourselves up to this while in deep contemplative prayer?
🤷 private apparitions are subject to a very rigorous process of approval, and there are very few that end up approved. I would generally presume that such dreams are a defense mechanism of the brain: allowing us a perceived contact to that which is temporarily unavailable to us.

But let’s assume for a second that these dreams, indeed ARE apparitions: they will not be based on who DESIRES them the most, but on who NEEDS them the most… and that is something that only God can know. I do know this, however: if God allows apparitions based on needs, then no spirit guide can POSSIBLY change the will of God or alter the reality of who NEEDS such a spiritual visitation. Since they cannot change the reality of who has what need, they can ONLY serve to invite in something other than what is in the will of God, and that is dangerous. If God wants you to see your son in an apparition, it will be when and how you need it, and no spirit guide will be necessary at all.

No form of contemplative prayer should ever open onesself to communication with a spiritual being… ever. We, as humans, lack the ability to discern the goodness of a spiritual being.

cont’d
 
Question three:“Lord I do believe, help my unbelief.” I truly feel that I am living the opera song by Helen Sjöholm - You Have To Be There (youtube it); which basically says, "What the heck? Why would you let this happen? What am I doing wrong? but then again, I vow to continue, because - “Lord, where would we go?” Basically Pascal’s wager.
That’s not pascal’s wager… it’s exactly what you asked in your first question: we don’t know God’s plan. Sometimes things that happen seem like punishment to us, but what we are able to see is a tiny speck in the great picture of the direction of the universe. When we think of how small we are in comparison to the universe, and how short a time we live compared to how long the universe has endured, we are forced to recognize that our perspective of God’s plan is smaller than that of an ant’s perspective of the solar system… so where would we go? We can only trust and hope, knowing that when the big picture is made clear to us we will understand why each moment was developed towards the ultimate ends of the universe, and we will understand how our sorrow saddens and hurts God as well… that God wants us to be happy, and (because of sin) is hurt with us when we hurt.
Thanks for everyone’s help. I hope I’ve posted this correctly! Is this the best forum? Should I also cross post to a different forum? Much Love.
Don’t worry, you posted just fine. If it needs to be moved, I’m sure a moderator will take care of that for you. Pax et Caritas Christi tecum, my friend (peace and love of Christ be with you)
 
This is my first post and first thread.
I am a 50 year old cradle Catholic with what I had considered a very strong, unshakable faith. I listen to EWTN daily and make a yearly Ignatian retreat. I have five children.

Three months ago, my 19 year old son was tragically killed in an accident while studying in China. A daughter and I went to retrieve him, much like the last movie we watched together, “The Way.” (please watch this movie) He was a beautiful Christ filled young man, unlike most of his contemporaries - a truth seeker who enjoyed Mass, Adoration and serving God. Our last journey together was 2 months before he left, when we went to Haiti on a mission.

I have many questions, but three are consuming. How do we as Catholics reconcile the statement of “God’s Plan?” Was he brought into this world with the Providential plan that he would slip and fall to his death? Or did he truly have free will to make the dumb decision to climb in the first place? Just seems to me a real waste of a huge amount of effort to form this wonderful person, who was just beginning to touch his contemporaries in awesome ways - how many lives/souls could he have saved in the next 70 years?

I suppose we can all recall many, many times in our lives when we really should have died, many times doing dumber things than my son - and thanked our “Guardian Angel,” or decided the “Lord must have more plans for me,” or whatever. Does that mean He had no plans for my own son? Do guardian angels even exist? Seems unlikely today.

And if God causes all to happen, how do we reconcile this “all loving God” we worship with natural disasters, crimes, and suffering, etc. So, “today” this is my theology:

I have decided God is omniscient, knowing all that will happen, all the calamities we will experience, all of our choices that we make, and allows us to make our own choices, and judging us by them. - But this does not support “God’s loving hand orchestrating all.”

Question two. Do our beloved departed appearing in dreams, etc. really represent “apparations,” or special messages for us? Has the Church addressed this?
And why are some people “blessed” with this phenomenon, but not others, often excluding those most desiring that “message.” Part two of this second question concerns meeting with genuine spiritual advisors. I’ve been told that this is forbidden because we lack the ability to discern good vs evil spirit communications. Can’t the case be made that we open ourselves up to this while in deep contemplative prayer?

Question three:“Lord I do believe, help my unbelief.” I truly feel that I am living the opera song by Helen Sjöholm - You Have To Be There (youtube it); which basically says, "What the heck? Why would you let this happen? What am I doing wrong? but then again, I vow to continue, because - “Lord, where would we go?” Basically Pascal’s wager.

Thanks for everyone’s help. I hope I’ve posted this correctly! Is this the best forum? Should I also cross post to a different forum? Much Love.
For starters, i am so sorry for your loss!! I’ve struggled with reconciling God’s will with tragedy in the past, even before i considered becoming Catholic. I also kind of understand what you’re going through, as my great uncle died recently. It didn’t seem like it affected me when we got the news up until the funeral, then i was a wreck for awhile after the fact. People have told me stuff like it’s God’s will, give it to God, so on and so forth. I get where that comes from, don’t get me wrong. And they meant well. I don’t doubt that for even a second. In the few days following his funeral, it felt a teeny bit dismissive on some level to hear someone tell me to just give it to God. Anyways, that’s grief for ya. 😦

Your son didn’t know he was going to slip and fall when he made that climb. You didn’t either. Neither him or you could predict the future. His death was just that, an accident. Grief can be one cruel entity, and it needs to run its course. It’s a process, and needs to be treated as such. Unfortunately there’s no set time limit to when that actually happens, it doesn’t work that way.

As far as the dearly departed showing up in our dreams, it can happen, generally speaking. Not so sure about their appearance in our dreams as apparitions or omens. This is something you may wanna talk to a priest about, he can be of better help to you. You’re at a low point in your life right now, and you need to take it easy for awhile. Hold off on anything major for the time being.

:hug1: if you want it. 🙂
 
Thanks to all, and I do look forward to more (name removed by moderator)ut.

btw, I do have a spiritual director, and am aware of the distinction with adviser.

I’ve been given dozens of books regarding dealing with grief, but since I am pretty well grounded in theology, the one I found off-beat and challenging spiritually was by Mark Anthony, a “Catholic” attorney, often on TV as a legal expert, who describes his “gift” of communication with those spirits which are around us. I am reasonably well read and aware of our Church’s teachings regarding these things.

What actually prompted this question was reading this morning on contemplative prayer, specifically “the Jesus Prayer,” “Prayer of the Heart,” and “The Eternal Brightness,” (postulated by St. Gregory the great). These seem a bit to be much like “centering prayer,” which has been rejected due to its “Eastern leanings,” but since these “contemplative” exercises are apparently OK, it led me to suspect this deep meditative state may draw spirituality from a deep place needing the same difficult discernment that consultation with a spiritual medium would require. I really didn’t want this thread to head off in this direction - perhaps better in a different forum (should I start a different thread for these discussions?", so I’d like to stay on the original issues. Thanks everyone…
 
As a father, I can only imagine your grief.

Many more knowledgeable people than me have already offered wise words.

God gives us each the gift of life and He takes back this gift at a time of His choosing. Why He allows some to go on living while cutting others lives short is something that we can not understand. But one day we will all be together in heaven and then, seeing clearly God’s plan, we will understand and, not only thank God, but praise Him as well.

My prayers for your son, for you, and for your family.
 
I am so sorry for the pain of the loss of your son.

As you describe him, he was a very good friend of Our Lord, and is now with Him forever.

May our Lord Jesus Christ fill you with His Peace.
 
Thanks to all, and I do look forward to more (name removed by moderator)ut.

btw, I do have a spiritual director, and am aware of the distinction with adviser.

I’ve been given dozens of books regarding dealing with grief, but since I am pretty well grounded in theology, the one I found off-beat and challenging spiritually was by Mark Anthony, a “Catholic” attorney, often on TV as a legal expert, who describes his “gift” of communication with those spirits which are around us. I am reasonably well read and aware of our Church’s teachings regarding these things.

What actually prompted this question was reading this morning on contemplative prayer, specifically “the Jesus Prayer,” “Prayer of the Heart,” and “The Eternal Brightness,” (postulated by St. Gregory the great). These seem a bit to be much like “centering prayer,” which has been rejected due to its “Eastern leanings,” but since these “contemplative” exercises are apparently OK, it led me to suspect this deep meditative state may draw spirituality from a deep place needing the same difficult discernment that consultation with a spiritual medium would require. I really didn’t want this thread to head off in this direction - perhaps better in a different forum (should I start a different thread for these discussions?", so I’d like to stay on the original issues. Thanks everyone…
Contemplative prayer centers one on God, not on making contact with the saints. Any focus other than focus on God alone is a distraction. If you have questions about mediums (wow, is that a loaded word, and for good reason!) or what help is proper or improper for a Catholic spiritual director to offer, I’d try the Spirituality forum or simply the Ask an Apologist box. Getting guidance in this area is very wise, especially since your great grief is liable to make you vulnerable in any number of ways.
 
I am so sorry for your loss of your dear son.
As a mother of three sons (living ) and my first son died as a baby I can only imagine the deep pain and sorrow you feel.My heart goes out to you. I pray for peace understanding and comfort for you and may your son be in the loving care of our dear Lord in eternity .

Eternal life grant unto him O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon him
and may he rest in peace Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
First of all, may God be with you and your family during this time. My father passed away at the age of fifty (heart attack) when I was nine years old. I spent half of my life missing him terribly and strayed from God at one point. I can tell you that I have always felt my father “looking over me” as I have made some very dangerous, irresponsible decisions in my life. Some of the decisions I made could have cost me my life. Therefore, I can truly say that yes, Guardian Angels do exist. I have also be a victim of spiritual warfare, something I wish upon no one. It is very important to not doubt your belief in God, angels, etc. for it is Satan who is trying to get you to lose your faith entirely. Your son is saving lives from heaven. Trust me!
 
Eternal life grant unto him O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon him
and may he rest in peace Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top