S
S_V7
Guest
Long ago, I used to illegally download music off the internet (in total about 60-70 songs). I’ve confessed this already but I’m starting to think about the restitiution aspect of it which would be about $100.
And, as a result of my slight obsession with copyright law, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve violated it hundreds of times throughout my life, and since it’s stealing, it would seem that I’m obliged to pay for the damage I’ve done, wether I knew it or not.
Problem is, I have no idea about just how extensive it is and a ball park estimate of thousands and thousands of dollars has me
:hypno:
I’m going to ask my confessor about this soon (although I’m not sure how he will respond. From what I can tell, he doesn’t seem to think that making hundreds of copies of lyrics for our choir is wrong, and since I’m in the choir I have to bring this up to him, but that’s for another thread)
Anyway, I’m totally stressed out right now and copyright law is the last thing I want to get involved with, but it just keeps coming back:banghead:
It seems like I’m obliged to pay what could possibly amount to my entire life’s worth of savings ( I’m 17 and don’t even have a job yet!) but it just seems so…weird.
Anyway ley me know what you think.
And, as a result of my slight obsession with copyright law, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve violated it hundreds of times throughout my life, and since it’s stealing, it would seem that I’m obliged to pay for the damage I’ve done, wether I knew it or not.
Problem is, I have no idea about just how extensive it is and a ball park estimate of thousands and thousands of dollars has me
:hypno:
I’m going to ask my confessor about this soon (although I’m not sure how he will respond. From what I can tell, he doesn’t seem to think that making hundreds of copies of lyrics for our choir is wrong, and since I’m in the choir I have to bring this up to him, but that’s for another thread)
Anyway, I’m totally stressed out right now and copyright law is the last thing I want to get involved with, but it just keeps coming back:banghead:
It seems like I’m obliged to pay what could possibly amount to my entire life’s worth of savings ( I’m 17 and don’t even have a job yet!) but it just seems so…weird.
Anyway ley me know what you think.