N
NSFrame
Guest
Not sure if this is the correct forum but I’ll try here first.
I have been attending daily Mass and it takes place in a small chapel. I frequently end up sitting near this one particular man (who thinks this is a Protestant church and offers up "uh huh"s and "right, yes"es during the homily, but that’s a different story!).
Something I have noticed is that, before the Gospel, instead of saying “Glory to you O Lord” he says “According to the Lord”. Now, I assume he just misheard the response and has been saying it wrong for years without any idea that this is the wrong respose.
I’m sure he is a very nice person and seems devout as I see him there every time I go. I have no desire to embarrass him or to be a know-it-all. At the same time, I feel like someone should tell him. I mean, if I were saying a response wrong I would want to fix it and say the right thing.
What do you think?
I have been attending daily Mass and it takes place in a small chapel. I frequently end up sitting near this one particular man (who thinks this is a Protestant church and offers up "uh huh"s and "right, yes"es during the homily, but that’s a different story!).
Something I have noticed is that, before the Gospel, instead of saying “Glory to you O Lord” he says “According to the Lord”. Now, I assume he just misheard the response and has been saying it wrong for years without any idea that this is the wrong respose.
I’m sure he is a very nice person and seems devout as I see him there every time I go. I have no desire to embarrass him or to be a know-it-all. At the same time, I feel like someone should tell him. I mean, if I were saying a response wrong I would want to fix it and say the right thing.
What do you think?