Cost $ of Sex Abuse Scandal

• Thread starter Thread starter Kevin_Walker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin_Walker

“Studies assess the costs of clergy sex abuse scandal”

“No one claimed success and no one said the end was in sight when Roman Catholic Church officials last week announced the latest painfully high tallies for the costs in suffering and dollars of the clergy abuse scandal.”

“Overall, at least 5,148 priests and deacons face more than 11, 757 allegations of sexually abusing children under 18. The costs in settlements, care and counseling for victims and abusers, attorney’s fees and child protection programs surpass $750 million.”

For full USATODAY story, please read:

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=6768ncid=6768e=6&u/usatoday/20050221/ts_usatoday/studiesassessthecostofclergysexabusescandal

Well, at least those millions of dollars will go along way to restoring the lost innocence of the victims. (choke, choke, cough cough).

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif

Kevin Walker said:
“Studies assess the costs of clergy sex abuse scandal”

“No one claimed success and no one said the end was in sight when Roman Catholic Church officials last week announced the latest painfully high tallies for the costs in suffering and dollars of the clergy abuse scandal.”

“Overall, at least 5,148 priests and deacons face more than 11, 757 allegations of sexually abusing children under 18. The costs in settlements, care and counseling for victims and abusers, attorney’s fees and child protection programs surpass $750 million.”

For full USATODAY story, please read:

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=6768ncid=6768e=6&u/usatoday/20050221/ts_usatoday/studiesassessthecostofclergysexabusescandal

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Well, at least those millions of dollars will go along way to restoring the lost innocence of the victims. (choke, choke, cough cough).

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif
Nothing will restore the lost innocence or mental anguish of all those victims at the hands of those homosexual Priests. We need to start right away the use of psychological exams to screen out any homosexual who insipidly tries to infiltrate back into the Catholic Priesthood so this sexual abuse debacle will never happen again.

There is a Los Angeles settlement yet to go. It could easily be greater than this total by itself. I have seen a billion dollar estimate.

Joe Kelley:
There is a Los Angeles settlement yet to go. It could easily be greater than this total by itself. I have seen a billion dollar estimate.
I hope the Church doesn’t go back to selling indulgences again for the money.:eek:

Kevin Walker:
I hope the Church doesn’t go back to selling indulgences again for the money.:eek:
I think they learned their lesson in the 15th century with Martin Luther.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I think they learned their lesson in the 15th century with Martin Luther.
Yes that’s true. But a billion dollar settlement might make anyone desperate. How will the physical structure of the Church survive a billion dollar payout?

p.s. I think that’s 16th century.

Kevin Walker:
Yes that’s true. But a billion dollar settlement might make anyone desperate. How will the physical structure of the Church survive a billion dollar payout?
Faith in the almighty power of God.

Kevin Walker:

p.s. I think that’s 16th century.
It won’t. My archdiocese is already in bankruptcy, alsong with at least one, if not two others. And there will probably be more to come.

Kevin Walker:
Nothing will restore the lost innocence or mental anguish of all those victims at the hands of those homosexual Priests. We need to start right away the use of psychological exams to screen out any homosexual who insipidly tries to infiltrate back into the Catholic Priesthood so this sexual abuse debacle will never happen again.
  1. The psyche of the homosexual, especially its pedeopile strain, is one of the most determined and persistent of all psychological conditions.
  2. Since it is a proven fact that the very gatekeepers of the seminaries and their bishops are either active or passive sympathizers of homosexuals, the proposal that you make will never occur in Newchurch.
  3. Newchurch has planted the seeds of its own final destruction and the seeds have no effective opppostion to their propagation.
  4. Unless the FAITHFUL laity rise up, refuse support, and condemn the perversions of their Faith, nothing at all will improve except PR programs of the bishops.
  5. The Faithful will never rise up until the final phase because they are either passive, or believe in the virtue of blind obedience even unto the Abomination of Desolation. That is why Our Lord calls them Sheep over and over.

TNT said:
1. The psyche of the homosexual, especially its pedeopile strain, is one of the most determined and persistent of all psychological conditions.
2. Since it is a proven fact that the very gatekeepers of the seminaries and their bishops are either active or passive sympathizers of homosexuals, the proposal that you make will never occur in Newchurch.
3. Newchurch has planted the seeds of its own final destruction and the seeds have no effective opppostion to their propagation.
4. Unless the FAITHFUL laity rise up, refuse support, and condemn the perversions of their Faith, nothing at all will improve except PR programs of the bishops.
5. The Faithful will never rise up until the final phase because they are either passive, or believe in the virtue of blind obedience even unto the Abomination of Desolation. That is why Our Lord calls them Sheep over and over.

I believe it must be the faithful laity to impose the legal requirement of those Psychological exams as a prerequisite of seminary application. I don’t know what you meant by Newchurch?

Kevin Walker:
I believe it must be the faithful laity to impose the legal requirement of those Psychological exams as a prerequisite of seminary application. I don’t know what you meant by Newchurch?
When I say Newchurch I define it as:
The rulers from the top all the way down to the “nuns” who control the agenda of the Church, whose purpose is to destroy Oldchurch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back