Couple questions about movie Noah

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikekle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikekle

Guest
I realize there is already a thread about this movie, but I had a couple basic questions about it and didnt want to bump that older thread with lots of posts in it.

Overall, I thought the movie was good, but I do wonder about the watchers portrayed, At first I thought they were meant to be the Nephilim, but I believe they were referred to as the watchers, which Im pretty sure are something completely different than the Nephilim/ fallen angels…right? Im still not sure why they would have been helping Noah, if they were truly fallen angels (and NOT watchers, I dont think they would help ANY humans whatever the circumstances)

Anyone know what happens to Hem? It shows him walking off, and I will admit, I dont know much about him, curious what became of him according to the bible.

Finally, Im curious about the snakes shedded skin that seems to be significant in this movie, Im assuming this is the skin from the serpent which tempted adam and eve in the garden, so its lucifers skin, when he was in snake form, but in the movie, it appears to hold some kind of magical power, I tend to think even if someone did manage to get the shed skin of the actual serpent that tempted them in the garden, and even if it was truly Lucifer in snake form, I doubt that piece of skin would have any special power… I know this is not biblical, but movie wise…why did they wrap it around their arm, and it seemed to glow when they did this…?? Not sure why they would even want the skin of Lucifer in the first place? LOL
 
I’m glad you watched the movie,I enjoyed it so much I watched it twice,
The thread concerning this movie that you mentioned,has been far to critical about the movie storyline, it is after all , just a movie,it’s loosely based on the book of Noah,
What the movie did for me, was to actually read the book of Noah,
If the movie just makes people read, then the movie has done a great service,
I really liked the interpretation of the first seven days,
 
The thread concerning this movie that you mentioned,has been far to critical about the movie storyline, it is after all , just a movie,it’s loosely based on the book of Noah,
What the movie did for me, was to actually read the book of Noah,
Interesting claim, given that the Book of Noah is non-extant, i.e., does NOT exist, and there is some doubt that it ever existed.
The Book of Noah is thought to be a non-extant Old Testament pseudepigraphal work, attributed to Noah. It is quoted in several places in another pseudepigraphal work, 1 Enoch, as well as mentioned in another, Jubilees. There have also been fragments attributed to a Book of Noah in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Noah
But, good on you for being moved to read it, wherever you located the copy you have “actually read.”
 
Im definitely going to read the book of Noah now!!!

I agree about the first 7 days, that was cool! I also like the seed from Eden, that was amazing…instant forest!!
 
Im definitely going to read the book of Noah now!!!

I agree about the first 7 days, that was cool! I also like the seed from Eden, that was amazing…instant forest!!
The story , It’s in the bible, It can’t all possibly be based on fact,how do you stretch a two page story into a two hour movie,? But it was interesting,but you must read those couple of pages after the movie, it just gives the read more meaning, good luck…
 
It sounds somewhat science-fictionish or fantasy. See Steven Graydanus’ review here.
We must remember that the world was different back then, our views/ opinion are naturally biased due to the modern world we live in, but back then, it was probably common to know there is actual giants (Nephilim) living in certain areas. It doesnt seem sci fi to me, its quite clear actually, by the fallen angels possessing human men, and then having sex with human females, they created half demonic half human offspring that happened to be very tall…although I dont think they were 450 ft tall, like the bible says they are, I tend to think they were closer to 25-50 ft. This was satans attempt to corrupt the human seed, so Jesus could not be born, of course it didnt work. Satan up to the same thing today, but not as bold, in your face, as literal giants, Satan has learned to take the sneaky route, at least this is how my senior priest at my parish explained it to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top