Court Packing - Kamala Harris Said She Was ‘Absolutely’ Open to Court Packing in 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

Kamala Harris Said She Was ‘Absolutely’ Open to Court Packing in 2019​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Scott Eisen/Getty Images

HANNAH BLEAU

9 Oct 2020

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), during a 2019 interview with the New York Times , said she was “absolutely” open to expanding the size of the Supreme Court.

When asked, “Are you open to expanding the size of the Supreme Court?” in a 2019 interview with the New York Times , Harris, stated that she remained “absolutely” open to it. . . .

One can say it’s already packed. Originally the number was six.

If Harris thinks that, she should have just said it then.
Same with Biden her running mate.
The New York Times’ Alexander Burns: “Sen. Harris told me in an interview actually that she was absolutely open” to packing the Supreme Court

Mike Pence to Kamala Harris . . . .
“But your party is actually openly advocating adding seats to the Supreme Court, which has had nine seats for a hundred and fifty years, if you don’t get your way. This is a classic case of ‘if you can’t win by the rules, you’re going to change the rules,’”

Last edited:
The Democrats have made it clear: they hate democracy, decency, the constitution, human life, and God.

40.png
Left wants to pack the Supreme Court World News
Court-Packing. The leftists now re-defining the term. Make counter-accusations. Project their own bad traits upon others. Attack those “others”. . Published 3 hours ago Coons says that confirming Barrett ‘constitutes court-packing,’ Sasse responds that’s ‘obviously’ incorrect Senate Judiciary Committee hearings on Barrett are set to start Monday Tyler Olson FoxNews Democratic senator provides insight into how they will try to keep Judge Amy Coney Barrett off the Supreme Court. Senate J…

Joe Biden does not think the American voter deserve to know before the Election. Not very transparent.

Below from a couple of prior posts of mine . . .

More on Democrat Court packing desires
and Senator Cruz explaining
what court packing is,
and what court-packing ISN’T.

Expanding the number of justices to acheive a political outcome. – Senator Cruz defining “Court-Packing”.

Beware of subtle RE-definitions.

If say, three years from now
a Supreme Court decision is won 6-3
you will know there has been NO court-packing.

This would also suggest Republicans won the 2020 election.

If say, three years from now
the same Supreme Court decision is lost 14-6
you will know there HAS BEEN court-packing.

This would also suggest Democrats won the 2020 election.

The above paradigms are NOT “the same thing”.

Don’t be fooled by their subtle attempts at RE-DEFINING words and phrases.

Don’t be bamboozled by their false assurances that these are “the same thing” as placing people YOU have picked for those positions. These are clearly NOT “the same thing”.

It is a court dilutional gimmick. Dilute a possible conservative court with leftists for political gain.

A gimmick.

Like I said. The national leftists WANT to turn America into a Banana Republic.

Last edited:
The number of Supreme Court Justices has been nine for the last 150 years.

I hope that everybody understands what court-packing means. If Biden/Harris become President, they will probably appoint 4 or 6 additional Breyer/Kagan/Sotomayor/Ginsburg type of Judges. All those religious liberty and abortion cases will then go the wrong way for us.

Catholics will no longer have the right to live our faith.

If Democrats win the Presidency, House, and Senate, the result will be a dictatorship. Anything the President (Biden or Harris) does will be rubber-stamped by Congress and the additional 6 (or however many) Supreme Court Justices they add.

It would mean goodbye to religious liberty, unborn babies, and other freedoms for the rest of our lifetimes.

Last edited:
I look for the senate to pass an amendment limiting the Court to nine justices. They see the writing on the wall from the Dems.

Sirach2 . . .
I look for the senate to pass an amendment limiting the Court to nine justices. They see the writing on the wall from the Dems.
You could be right and I hope that it would be limted to THIS and ONLY this for the proposed Amendment you stated.

The late great Phyllis Schlafly warned of ANY introduction for ANY Amendment would have all sorts of others ADDED by the Democrats.

That doesn’t mean 3/4 of the states would ratify them.
But assuming she was right, it will mean yet another food fight.

But it looks like the Democrats are committed to another food fight as they seem to be coming out of the closet on behalf of court-packing, IF the voters give the leftists the proverbial car keys to do so.

The most obvious example might be the title of this thread.

Last edited:
It’s sad that Harris wants to pack the court. They can’t get what they want by playing fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back