COVID treatment derived thru aborted fetus

• Thread starter Thread starter AngelaMarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a rather interesting distinction, but the cells used in this COVID research was an existing cell line, grown in a laboratory, a different issue from working on new fetal tissue. I will leave this thorny issue to the National Catholic Bioethics Center.

This really isn’t a debate lay people need to involve themselves in. From a scientific and moral perspective it’s way over most peoples heads and suffice it to say life saving medicine can be licitly used regardless of how it’s made or discovered by people who need it.

This is a second thread on the topic…but this topic is critically important, so I’ll post here what I posted on the other thread:

What do I do if there is no alternative to a vaccine produced from these cell lines?​

One is morally free to use the vaccine, despite its historical association with abortion, if there is a proportionately serious reason for doing so. In practice, the risks to personal and public health could permit its use. This is especially important for parents, who have a moral obligation to protect the life and health of their children and those around them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back