G
GloriousOrder
Guest
Friends
,
In this 1962 missal some handed to me, I see that the words of the Nicene Creed “and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man” require “all” to genuflect. When the Creed was recently said at a Christmas Mass here at the cathedral, I saw that the text we are using requires “all” to bow. Now, what is the reason for this change? Is it universal to all prayers that required genuflection in 1962? For example: in the Te Deum, do we still genuflect when beginning Jesus to help us: “We therefore pray Thee: aid Thy servants, who thou hast redeemed by Thy precious blood”?, or do we bow?
I know the Nicene Creed is hardly ever used outside Christmas and Easter, but it’s still important to ask, for when it does come up!
In this 1962 missal some handed to me, I see that the words of the Nicene Creed “and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man” require “all” to genuflect. When the Creed was recently said at a Christmas Mass here at the cathedral, I saw that the text we are using requires “all” to bow. Now, what is the reason for this change? Is it universal to all prayers that required genuflection in 1962? For example: in the Te Deum, do we still genuflect when beginning Jesus to help us: “We therefore pray Thee: aid Thy servants, who thou hast redeemed by Thy precious blood”?, or do we bow?
I know the Nicene Creed is hardly ever used outside Christmas and Easter, but it’s still important to ask, for when it does come up!
