"Crisis of Vocations?" Nothing New

• Thread starter Thread starter Pariah_Pirana
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Catholic29:
Being ignorant of history as I am, I do know that when the number of Shepherds dwindle, there are many others out there in our predominantly Protestant land more than willing to take there place. Keeping in mind that the majority of US Catholics are for the most part ignorant of the most basic tenets of their faith, a hook from a next door Evangelical preacher would be very enticing to them, particularly when there are no priests in town.

However, to be ignorant of the present is to invite doomsday…

:whistle:
Where did you get that from, or did you just make it up?

This may shock you but the Catholic Church is still growing faster in absolute numbers than Protestantism.

Pariah Pirana:
Where did you get that from, or did you just make it up?

This may shock you but the Catholic Church is still growing faster in absolute numbers than Protestantism.
Only 30 percent of US Catholics believe in Transubstantiation, if that isn’t a most basic tenet of our faith I don’t know what is.

archdiocesesantafe.org/ABSheehan/ArchiveABSMessages/95.5.Eucharist.html

It doesn’t shock me in the least that the Catholic Church is growing faster in absolute numbers than Protestantism worldwide, but what if you add in Islam, neo-Paganism, Agnosticism, Atheism and all other systems of belief or non-belief? Though I was originally referring to the United States in particular.

40.png
Catholic29:
Only 30 percent of US Catholics believe in Transubstantiation, if that isn’t a most basic tenet of our faith I don’t know what is.

archdiocesesantafe.org/ABSheehan/ArchiveABSMessages/95.5.Eucharist.html

It doesn’t shock me in the least that the Catholic Church is growing faster in absolute numbers than Protestantism worldwide, but what if you add in Islam, neo-Paganism, Agnosticism, Atheism and all other systems of belief or non-belief? Though I was originally referring to the United States in particular.
Wrong. I detest urban-legends like the one you are spreading.

catholic.com/thisrock/1999/9910qq.asp

It all comes down to one thing…

Don’t pray for MORE priest!!! Pray for holy priest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back