Cross on the wall

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kathrin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kathrin

Guest
I put up a cross in my room, that I got from my parents, it’s actually from my grandparents.

I have a question now: There was a nail I put it up on, but now it is hanging next to something else. The other thing hangs a little bit higher. Is that inappropriate? Are there any rules for that??? I really do not know.

Kathrin
 
OK, I found a better, more central place. 🙂

But it would still interest me if there are indeed any “rules” as to where to hang a cross.
 
I don’t think there are any specific rules. However, I would say that if it is not aiding your devotion, then it is in the wrong place. What I mean by this is that if it gets consumed or surrounded by clutter, it may just become another “thing” on your wall. Of course this is not the purpose of a crucifix - it is there for a spiritual purpose. Thus, I would suggest that it be on a part of the wall that is set apart from other “secular” items - make sure it’s in a place where you will always be aware of it; let it stand out!
 
😊 I should have done a search before I posted.
Thank you! 🙂

Kathrin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top