Crossing One's Self in Youtube Video?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melodeonist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melodeonist

Guest
In the past, I have made the Sign of the Cross before, and after playing tunes on Youtube. I have been doing this to draw attention to my description of my video, which reads a prayer.
“Dear God, thank you for helping me get, and play the Melodeon, and Hamonica. I am extremely grateful for these gifts! Amen.”

I have been writing this prayer to fulfill my promise I made to God.
“Remember to praise God when playing music in public. Tell them that God helped me get, an accordion, and become a great musician.”

The promise does not mention the Sign of the Cross. As I have said above, I have been simply making it to draw attention to the description, which mobile users cannot see initially.

However, I have stopped making the SOTC in my videos, as I was advised to stop by a relative. I instead made the SOTC before, and after recording (this is not featured in the videos).

I am pretty certain I am not sinning by not making the SOTC in my videos, but I am worried that the people won’t notice the description now. What do you recommend I do to draw attention to the description? Or is it not necessary, as I did indeed tell them that God helped me get and play the accordion, just they did not see it.

I am pretty sure this thread will make me look scrupulous, but I am not worried about this. I am simply wondering. 🙂

To those who are wondering, I have not yet been dispensed from the promise (if it even is valid). I plan on waiting until I join RCIA.
 
There are many ways to demonstrate your faith. Here is one of my favorites:
“This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:35)
So I would not worry about leaving the Sign of the Cross out of your videos.
 
Why was it suggested to you to not make the sign of the cross in the video?
 
I’m not certain why the relative suggested I stop. They are a practicing Catholic, however.
 
In the past, I have made the Sign of the Cross before, and after playing tunes on Youtube. I have been doing this to draw attention to my description of my video, which reads a prayer.
“Dear God, thank you for helping me get, and play the Melodeon, and Hamonica. I am extremely grateful for these gifts! Amen.”

I have been writing this prayer to fulfill my promise I made to God.
“Remember to praise God when playing music in public. Tell them that God helped me get, an accordion, and become a great musician.”

The promise does not mention the Sign of the Cross. As I have said above, I have been simply making it to draw attention to the description, which mobile users cannot see initially.

However, I have stopped making the SOTC in my videos, as I was advised to stop by a relative. I instead made the SOTC before, and after recording (this is not featured in the videos).

I am pretty certain I am not sinning by not making the SOTC in my videos, but I am worried that the people won’t notice the description now. What do you recommend I do to draw attention to the description? Or is it not necessary, as I did indeed tell them that God helped me get and play the accordion, just they did not see it.

I am pretty sure this thread will make me look scrupulous, but I am not worried about this. I am simply wondering. 🙂

To those who are wondering, I have not yet been dispensed from the promise (if it even is valid). I plan on waiting until I join RCIA.
Making the Sign of the Cross is important in our personal lives.

Making the Sign of the Cross is your love for God. In my humble opinion, continue to make the Sign of the Cross before and after playing enjoyable music. Of course, the final decision is up to you. There is no sin involved since it is a true volunteer act. You are sharing your happiness with your listeners. You can also share your love for Jesus.
 
Making the Sign of the Cross is important in our personal lives.

Making the Sign of the Cross is your love for God. In my humble opinion, **continue to make the Sign of the Cross **before and after playing enjoyable music. Of course, the final decision is up to you. There is no sin involved since it is a true volunteer act. You are sharing your happiness with your listeners. You can also share your love for Jesus.
I agree.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top