M
mwscott
Guest
Today I went to an absolutely beautiful Novus Ordo Mass. I have gone to this parish before for their celebration of the TLM Mass but this was my first time going for the NO. At the end of the Sanctus, just before the priest began the Eucharistic Prayer the altar servers came out with the incense and candles and an additional one with the processional crucifix. He knelt in the center of the sanctuary towards the altar (Mass was celebrated ad orientum) with the corpus facing the altar and stayed there until the end of the Eucharistic Prayer.
I have been to a couple TLM Masses before and I don’t think I have ever seen this done but perhaps I just missed it somehow. I have certainly never seen this done at a NO Mass. Does anyone know the reason for this practice and where it comes from?
I have been to a couple TLM Masses before and I don’t think I have ever seen this done but perhaps I just missed it somehow. I have certainly never seen this done at a NO Mass. Does anyone know the reason for this practice and where it comes from?