K
KeepLearning
Guest
I’m confused.
1970 NAB is supposed to be a “squishy” translation according to Jimmy Akin. And I read before that the notes are heretical.
RSV (Ignatius Bible) is recommended by some Catholic scholars, but it’s a Protestant translation so how does the Catholic church reconcile that…letting a Protestant translation have a stamp of approval…why? Since it’s a Protestant translation, is this why it’s not allowed to be read at Mass? Many traditionalists (online, I don’t know any in real life) seem to pooh-pooh this bible (either because it’s a Protestant translation or because it is associated with Opus Dei?) and then many like to read it so I don’t know, I give up.
What about the CTS New Catholic Bible? I have it. I ordered it from the UK. I don’t like that it has the different numbering on the Psalms, but what about the translation itself? Is it good for study? Is it more literal or accurate than any of the NABs? If CTS is the “publisher to the Holy See” then would their Bible be “more Catholic” than the RSV?
Help!
1970 NAB is supposed to be a “squishy” translation according to Jimmy Akin. And I read before that the notes are heretical.
RSV (Ignatius Bible) is recommended by some Catholic scholars, but it’s a Protestant translation so how does the Catholic church reconcile that…letting a Protestant translation have a stamp of approval…why? Since it’s a Protestant translation, is this why it’s not allowed to be read at Mass? Many traditionalists (online, I don’t know any in real life) seem to pooh-pooh this bible (either because it’s a Protestant translation or because it is associated with Opus Dei?) and then many like to read it so I don’t know, I give up.
What about the CTS New Catholic Bible? I have it. I ordered it from the UK. I don’t like that it has the different numbering on the Psalms, but what about the translation itself? Is it good for study? Is it more literal or accurate than any of the NABs? If CTS is the “publisher to the Holy See” then would their Bible be “more Catholic” than the RSV?
Help!