P
purplesunshine
Guest
Like many on this forum I’m faithfully seeking my spouse. One of the ways I do that is go to Daily Mass. I’ve also joined a young adult group with people around my age and do things with older folks in the context of the Church.
Yesterday, though, I was surprised. For the first time after 6 years of going to Daily Mass I saw a unmarried/not seminarian guy between the age of 18-30. It was the FIRST TIME EVER!!!
As a teen I went to a church that had many young people but only female teens and older people attended Mass.
I’d gone to a Catholic uni but at Daily Mass there were female students, the more serious seminarians (male), a couple married guys, and then staff & faculity. I go to Daily Mass often at many different parishes and its often dominated by old women, a few older males and then perhaps 2 or 3 young women (like myself). In all honesty he’s probably one of the first males I’ve seen under 50 going to Daily Mass.
I realize that this is a sad commentary on men today. What makes it do-able for us young women who go off after Mass to our full-time jobs of being teachers, managers and office-workers and guys cannot?
And on another note…why aren’t you older guys going to Daily Mass, either?
Yesterday, though, I was surprised. For the first time after 6 years of going to Daily Mass I saw a unmarried/not seminarian guy between the age of 18-30. It was the FIRST TIME EVER!!!
As a teen I went to a church that had many young people but only female teens and older people attended Mass.
I’d gone to a Catholic uni but at Daily Mass there were female students, the more serious seminarians (male), a couple married guys, and then staff & faculity. I go to Daily Mass often at many different parishes and its often dominated by old women, a few older males and then perhaps 2 or 3 young women (like myself). In all honesty he’s probably one of the first males I’ve seen under 50 going to Daily Mass.
I realize that this is a sad commentary on men today. What makes it do-able for us young women who go off after Mass to our full-time jobs of being teachers, managers and office-workers and guys cannot?
And on another note…why aren’t you older guys going to Daily Mass, either?