daily mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter Agent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this dream once when I was a litle girl, just a dream but it says what the Mass is in our lives…as written in my journal

The Mass

Although dreams are a function of the brain, they are tools that the Spirit may use. Whether or not God’s Spirit created the following dream, since 1981 it symbolises my love and respect for the Eucharist. The Eucharist is ‘the love of my life’.

In a vivid dream as a young girl, I found myself outside a town not visible in the dream. Early morning sun cast purple shadows from dark clumps of grass growing out of the powdery, whitish earth that bore many footprints. Many people grouped around in excited speculation over some mystery in the sky. I remained apart, allowing my gaze to roam the sky, studying the hues and shapes of clouds surrounding the morning sun.

Soon I recognised the apparent object of speculation, a second sun showing through the clouds. As it appeared no less credible than the solar sun, I was not perturbed or excited. I simply followed the horizontal revolution of this second sun with my eyes, until finally, an intense curiosity rose in me. “What is it?” I asked in my heart. Immediately the sun began to shine more brightly until I saw that it was a large intensely white host (transubstantiated Communion Bread) glowing in brilliant light as it revolved around the sky. “Oh, it’s God!” I thought, feeling content. Then I awoke.

One afternoon in 1981, curled up on the sofa, remembering the dream while meditating on the Eucharist, I reflected that the sun is source of light, warmth and life to the world that would otherwise be frozen wasteland. A sun that revolves horizontally can never set; thus, my dream could signify that the Eucharist is the Sun of the world, its source of light and life, a Sun that never sets. I cried a while for joy at this insight that God had sowed in my childhood sleep. There are dreams that puzzle the mind with their vividness and integrity that is unlike other dreams of one’s life.
 
I’d love to be able to go daily but I can’t afford at the moment the travel costs involved to visit our nearest Catholic church. 😦 I’ve been trying to form a habit where I go both Saturday and Sunday though, as our parish has Adoration after the Saturday Mass. I don’t feel complete unless I spend time with the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament! 😃
 
Ericka, have you watched the “Daily Mass” on EWTN?

I know that I sound like a broken record by speaking about “The Daily Mass” on EWTN - live at 8:00 a.m., rebroadcast at 12:00 noon, 7:00 p.m and Midnight.

I absolutely cannot get through my day if I don’t watch this broadcast; even on week days, Sundays and Holy Days when I attend Mass at my church.

The Mass is so beautiful on EWTN (I follow along with my missal); and, you will not hear a homily in a local parish like you will hear on EWTN’s Daily Mass.

Try it, you’ll like it.:yup: :blessyou:
 
Ericka, have you watched the “Daily Mass” on EWTN?

I know that I sound like a broken record by speaking about “The Daily Mass” on EWTN - live at 8:00 a.m., rebroadcast at 12:00 noon, 7:00 p.m and Midnight.

I absolutely cannot get through my day if I don’t watch this broadcast; even on week days, Sundays and Holy Days when I attend Mass at my church.

The Mass is so beautiful on EWTN (I follow along with my missal); and, you will not hear a homily in a local parish like you will hear on EWTN’s Daily Mass.

Try it, you’ll like it.:yup: :blessyou:
I would LOVE to watch Daily Mass on EWTN, but I live in a very predominately non-Catholic area, and I don’t get EWTN :mad: :crying: and watching videos on my computer for more that 15 minutes at a time really hurts my eyes. I do read the propers in the Missal, though, so it’s better than nothing. Oh well… tomorrow is First Friday, so I get to go to Mass tomorrow!!! I am glad I got to go today, because I really couldn’t think of any better way to start off the New Year except for going to Mass.

God Bless!
Ericka
 
Sure . . . I need all the grace I can get!
KCT, I’m with you! I go to daily Mass whenever I can. As I’m a teacher, this usually means during summer vacation, and on other days off. I have sometimes taken off an hour in the middle of the day, having someone else cover for me; this is permitted where I work for medical appointments “and equivalent”, and there are times when I know I need the Mass far more than, say, a dental cleaning!😉
 
I have sometimes taken off an hour in the middle of the day, having someone else cover for me; this is permitted where I work for medical appointments “and equivalent”, and there are times when I know I need the Mass far more than, say, a dental cleaning!😉
I am also a teacher and in the spring, things are very stressful since we have a ton of special ed paperwork due at the end of the year. For some reason, our district thinks that all IEPs should be re-written in the spring. In recent years, they have allowed us to have a sub for a couple of days so that we can work on this. On those days, I was able to take some time for “lunch”. And I drove right down the road to 12:15 Mass. I needed it, too.
 
What is this 20 plan for life?
I’m just typing this from memory so please pardon the gaps:
morning offering prayer
daily Mass
Rosary
Visit Blessed Sacrament
Angelus
Meditation prayer
Scriptural readings
Doctrinal readings
Afternoon prayer
Evening Prayer
General examination of the conscience
Particular examination of the conscience
Spiritual communion
Mental prayer
Frequent Confession
Fasting
Mortifications
Holy Water
…
 
I’m just typing this from memory so please pardon the gaps:
morning offering prayer
daily Mass
Rosary
Visit Blessed Sacrament
Angelus
Meditation prayer
Scriptural readings
Doctrinal readings
Afternoon prayer
Evening Prayer
General examination of the conscience
Particular examination of the conscience
Spiritual communion
Mental prayer
Frequent Confession
Fasting
Mortifications
Holy Water
…
That sounds really awesome. Do you know of any website that has these listed, perhaps in more detail? Is there another name for them?
 
I was at Mass one Sunday and I thought to myself: if I REALLY believe that Jesus is present in the Eucharist why don’t I go to Mass every day?
uh huh. Why don’t you? I believe you were prompted by the Holy Spirit to think about the Daily Bread. 🙂 Make your time for daily mass.
 
I have been going to daily Mass for the last 17 years and I love it. I can’t think of a better way to start my day.

I pray for all of my family and friends (including CAF friends) who are having problems in their lives.

I also love being able to take communion every day.
 
i have just gone back to attending daily mass on the days its offered at our parish as i realised i didn’t have a reason not to go as i live three minutes walk from church and my son was missing his school masses as its school holidays here so i began taking going and i’m hooked i’m definitely going to continue once school resumes
 
Yay! Daily mass!! 👍

No, your not a fanatic. I used to go every day, but have gotten away from that for some time. It is actually a really good thing to do. Why, Pope John Paul, when he was young, used to go twice a day! I think he went once in the morning and once in the evening on his way home. Probably apart of why he was so holy 🙂
 
My spouse and I go everyday. She started going as a thing to do during Lent about 3 years ago and encouraged me to do the same since my work schedule allows me to do that. I didn’t respond directly but about a year ago I did it and it’s contagious. I can’t tell you how much I have grown in my faith, in my capacity to get things done in a more organized fashion since I have worked daily mass into my schedule. Not only that, when we travel which is not very often, we use the www.masstimes.org website to find churches in the area of where we are going so we don’t break our routine and it is amazing how much time, God has opened us for us. And not only that, temptation to do things has even lessened with daily communion. People have even commented, what am I doing differently, and I tell them proudly daily mass…try it. 👍
 
Yay! Daily mass!! 👍

No, your not a fanatic. I used to go every day, but have gotten away from that for some time. It is actually a really good thing to do. Why, Pope John Paul, when he was young, used to go twice a day! I think he went once in the morning and once in the evening on his way home. Probably apart of why he was so holy 🙂
Wow! I only wish we had more options. In our area there is only one Mass on a weekday at best; if you can’t make that one, you’re out of luck. And there is no Mass said here on Thursdays.
 
SInce i started going to mass every day my life has become so much better, I’m now "TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED:!
 
I’ll chime in with the others that enjoy the weekday Mass.

The daily Mass is much different in quality, its quiet and contemplative. I find my devotions are better in that environment and I tend to have a deeper spiritual experience.

At our church we have daily Mass Tuesday through Friday. The Friday Mass is attended by our school kids and I don’t go to that, it is a bit too noisy for me and that Mass runs a good bit longer too.

I get a lot out of weekday Mass and really enjoy them. When the schedule gets interrupted, like it did over the holiday, I really miss being able to go to Mass during the week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top