Daily Readings

  • Thread starter Thread starter JaminB123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaminB123

Guest
Hi. A few months ago, my family and I have started a new habit of reading the daily readings (followed by a prayer) out loud together before bedtime for the kids. Sometimes I’m not sure on how to explain or elaborate upon the readings to my young ones. Is there a good daily reading resource out there that could help me out (book, web site, whatever)?

Thanks,
JaminB
 
Some Catholic Parish bulletins use Schwager Daily Meditations.

Here’s a sample HERE.

Free Subscription HERE.
 
www.rc.net/wcc/readings/
biblereflection.blogspot.com
Both of these sights provide a meditation for each day’s gospel.

If you’re looking for some further ideas, try the sermons from the day’s Office of Readings. These are often direct elaborations on the reading, which is often quite close to the first reading at Mass.
 
These are BOTH excellent sites that I use. The first one also has a daily subscription that will email you the readings and meditation/reflection.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top