Daily Scripture reading schedule

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

I have a very old schedule for daily Scripture reading. Does anyone know oh any “Catholic” schedule for daily Scripture reading?
Thanks

If you have a PDA or palm pilot you can get up to 3 weeks worth of daily readings from mobilegabriel.com. You can also get the Catechism of the CC and the Code of Canon law on your PDA or palm also. Very Cool!!

Goto the wau.org/This is the word among us website for a very small fee you can get a monthly CATHOLIC devotional, and a years worth of the mass readings. My wife loves it and it helps her greatly. It is so much easier than just doing chapter and verse, because you see the Word as it was meant to be in harmony.

I use a booklet called How to Read the Bible Every Day: A Guide for Catholics, by Carmen Rojas. The publisher is Servant Books, an the ISBN is 0-89283-399-8. It contains a 1, 2, and 3 year plan for reading through the scriptures. It also contains a secitoon of alternate readings for Advent, Christmas , Lent and Easter.

40.png
Tom:
I have a very old schedule for daily Scripture reading. Does anyone know oh any “Catholic” schedule for daily Scripture reading?
Thanks
I go to catholicexchange.com/ every morning - towards the middle of the page (under “The Church Today”) they have links to the daily reading for that day as well as a little homily (nice for when I can’t make daily mass), and some links to other things - like info about the saint of the day, what’s going on with the Bishops, etc. It’s a great way to start the day! :bounce:

Nicole

Go to universalis.com/-500/today.htm

Not only can you get the daily scripture readings but you also get the Liturgy of the Hours. You can get a version for your PDA that can be updated daily or weekly!

I carry my palm with me all the time and find this a very useful way to pray the Liturgy of the Hours.

God Bless,

What a great idea Shemp. I use this web site but never thought to download it. One of our sons is no longer using his PDA. Think I will “borrow it.”

pat

Pat Laub:
What a great idea Shemp. I use this web site but never thought to download it. One of our sons is no longer using his PDA. Think I will “borrow it.”

pat
Good idea. I second that motion…HMMM! Wonder if one of my children or grandchildren have one I can borrow? 😃

I subscribe to the Magnificat and would not do without it. Besides the readings in full it has a meditation and a Saint for the day. It is a bit pricey at $39.95 per year but I cancelled all my other magazines to get it. www.magnificat.net

This thread popped up in a search result and answered my question.

I was looking for a mobile website where I can lookup the daily mass reading schedule.

I am or at least was aware of MobileGabriel. I stopped using my PDA, so I didn’t consider it. But revisiting it, MobileGabriel might just work fine with my mobile phone.

I thought I’d post in any case to be a reminder for new folks.

Do any of those links go to websites that post daily readings NOT using the NAB? Some of the NAB chapter and verses don’t match my older Bibles in the OT. I would like to find one that uses traditional Chapter and Verse for the OT. 🙂

These readings are intended as an aid for daily prayer and meditation. The selection of gospel passages follow the daily church readings for the season [see > sample calendars]. The scripture quotations are from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright 1973, Catholic Edition, Copyright 1966, by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back