Dalai Lama XIV , Selection of him

• Thread starter Thread starter Exporter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exporter said:
beliefnet.com/story/24/story_2441_1.html

This is his mother’s account of how the present Dalai Lama was chosen. It is almost creepy.

You don’t need to look to reincarnation for an answer.

What is not said is how much the parents treated the child differently from the start. Such treatment easily causes a child to act differently from his piers.

I am not going to slam someone else’s religion, I just don’t believe what they believe. I have read a couple of the Dalai Lama’s books and believe he is a very good man and is in no way evil. It’s just that that is not enough. I do not believe in reincarnation so I belive he is just a man who is misguided in his belief, I pray for him as I do all mankind.

40.png
Lance:
I am not going to slam someone else’s religion, I just don’t believe what they believe. I have read a couple of the Dalai Lama’s books and believe he is a very good man and is in no way evil. It’s just that that is not enough. I do not believe in reincarnation so I belive he is just a man who is misguided in his belief, I pray for him as I do all mankind.
I long ago came to the conclusion that adherents of one religion, observe that other religions are “strange” or “weird” or have inexplicable customs and traditions. One of the really great things about forums is that when we have things “explained” to us, we often just find that “different” is a better description.
👍

It brings to mind an old talk show ( I think it wasPhil Donohue), where he as moving among the audience and said “I mean who believes in the Virgin Birth, really?”

And a sweet middle aged lady with a ittle blue hat and veil stood up and said, “those who also believe that a Jewish carpenter died on the cross and redeemed mankind” - Phil moved on rather quickly.

That’s a really nice post HagiaSophia.

Reminds me of the Costner film ‘Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves’ when the Morgan Freeman character Azeem is asked if God painted him by a little boy. He answers, ‘Did God paint me? Surely!’

‘Why?’ Asks the little fellow…

‘Because Allah loves wonderful variety’.

🙂

Watch it guys, Truth is not relative. There is only one God, and Natural Law is fixed. There is no such thing as reincarnation. No matter how nice the stories people spin around such a thing and no matter how many might think it to be true.

40.png
gilliam:
Watch it guys, Truth is not relative. There is only one God, and Natural Law is fixed. There is no such thing as reincarnation. No matter how nice the stories people spin around such a thing and no matter how many might think it to be true.
Hey, Shirley Maclaine wrote a ton of books about her previous lives! Turns out she was all sorts of FAMOUS people! No doubt all of them narcissists as well… 😉

40.png
HagiaSophia:
Well I’ve seen a number of cases of it in this forum on a regular basis. 😃
Are you saying that old trolls never die, they just come back as someone else? :hmmm: :blessyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back