I’m going to assume that you serious and not trying to stir the pot (I say this because some people do come here with questions like these because they are trying to stir the pot). Others come here because they are truly looking for Catholic Answers.
I may seem like a fool for saying this but I can’t even give the full quote.
However I was on the blaze and I heard some quotes supposedly from cardinals as well as other corrupt things about the church.
I’m going to answer these one by one.
Forgive me, I can’t even find the whole quote but I recall one had was that Catholicism is wholly independent of the bible and gospel.-supposedly a cardinal said this. Essentially an independent religion with no real connection to Jesus Christ of course that’s hard to believe but the poster who quoted it took it as so.
This is entirely not true. There are a number of people who have an agenda against the Catholic Church who will claim that Catholics are not Christians, etc. Or they will use “non-practicing” Catholics as proof of this or that. The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ. Christ is at the center of everything we do, and the Adoration of Jesus Christ and the Blessed Trinity is the center of our lives.
Another was a supposed quote from cannon law that the bible is a dead letter utterly incapable of achieving anything.
The Bible (with a capital “B”) is not a dead letter. While the Catholic Church does believe that the Bible is not the sole source of teaching, we believe the Bible to have equal weight with the Oral Tradition passed down from Christ, through the disciples. As the Bible states, not all of Christ’s Words or Teaching are contained within the Scriptures. (I’m sure someone can provide the exact quote/reference, as I cannot remember it off the top of my head). At every Sunday Mass, Catholics have 4 Readings from the Bible (1 from OT, 1 from the Psalms, 1 from the Epistles or Acts, & 1 from the Gospel). Then, during the Homily, the Priest or Deacon usually sums up the Readings as part of his Homily. We call this the Liturgy of the Word. Plus, other parts of the Mass all have Biblical basis or reference. (Daily Mass usually only have 1 less Reading, but always have a Gospel Reading).
In addition to Readings at Mass, there are additional Readings which are part of the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) which are a series of Readings and prayers for different parts of the day. Priests are required to do all of them every day. Lay people, while not required may recite them as part of a private devotion at home or in Church with others. You can see these readings online at
divineoffice.org/ (they also sell the Liturgy of the Hours books too).
Finally, there are also other devotional which are Biblical based, including basic Bible Studies. Plus keep in mind that Catholics can receive Indulgences just for reading the Bible.
Another I believe was from cannon law about the pope was God on earth
There is only one God in three Persons (the Holy Trinity). The Pope is the “Vicar of Christ” which means he is the head here on Earth. But Jesus Christ is the True Leader of the Catholic Church. Christ promised that he will not allow the official teaching of the Church to stray from his message.
Another that the largest gay bathhouse is right underneath the Vatican and cardinal residential area.
really…? I will not argue that there have been sinful men in the Church. But (1) most Cardinals do not live in Rome and do not go there very often and (2) to simply suggest that something that sinful is under the Vatican (where there are actually catacombs) is simply insulting and baseless. If it were true, don’t you think that Mainstream Media (which is very anti-Catholic) would be all over it? You would hear about it everywhere you turn.
I don’t have any hostile agenda posting this I would just like clarification about these supposed quotes.
There are a number of people who want to see the Catholic Church destroyed. The devil would love nothing more.
I am truly sorry about not being able to even fully quote them but I couldn’t find the article I went to.
Considering that this information isn’t true, it’s either on some baloney site or taken down.
God Bless.