Daniel Chapter 3 Confusion

  • Thread starter Thread starter eatcow0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eatcow0

Guest
Howdy, I was curious what was up in Daniel Chapter 3. the book has these three guys Sidrach, Misach, and Abdenago, then it seemed like it switched to these three, Ananias, Azarias, and Misael. Where did this second set of three guys come from and and wondering if someone could help explain it out, thanks!!!
 
They are all the same “guys”. The first set of names are the ones given to them in Babylon and the latter are their Hebrew names, that’s all. 🙂
 
Howdy, I was curious what was up in Daniel Chapter 3. the book has these three guys Sidrach, Misach, and Abdenago, then it seemed like it switched to these three, Ananias, Azarias, and Misael. Where did this second set of three guys come from and and wondering if someone could help explain it out, thanks!!!
Daniel 1:6-7 should clear it up for you: “6 Among these were Daniel, Ananias, Mishael, and Azarias of the tribe of Judah. 7 And the chief of the eunuchs gave them names: Daniel he called Belteshazzar, Hananiah he called Sidrach, Misha-el he called Misach, and Azariah he called Abednago.”

God bless!
-Dan Marcum
 
Ah ha! Thank you! I looked all over chapter 3 and could not see it nor in my foot notes lol.
Thanks yall!
 
Ah ha! Thank you! I looked all over chapter 3 and could not see it nor in my foot notes lol.
Thanks yall!
Yeah, sometimes that happens to me too–it’s right there but I just can’t see it! 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top