Dateline NBC - Miracles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Listener
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Listener

Guest
Did anyone see Dateline NBC tonight on the subject of miracles? I thought they did a really nice job on it. It included Medjugorje, Fatima, Lourdes, and a miracle that caused a nun to become a saint. I found the part about Medjugorje especially interesting because my husband and I were there once and we actually climbed the mountain with the cross on top. I have seen the visionary, Ivan, in person twice, and I found him to be very humble and sincere. Whether or not you believe in appararitions, the thing that amazed me about Dateline NBC was that they actually were reporting what is going on! It seems to me that the secular press never reports much about reported visions and ignores them as if they didn’t exist!
 
Sorry I missed it. The usual MO is to report on faith and then drag in the experts to explain how believers are all wrong.
 
they saw the ratings from the Pope’s funeral - they realized religion = $$$$
 
40.png
thechrismyster:
they saw the ratings from the Pope’s funeral - they realized religion = $$$$
No, it wasn’t just the Pope’s funeral. There have been a number of religiously based programs (Touched by an Angel, e.g.) that have shown that religion=$$, not even counting the old televangelists.
 
My wife and I saw it too, and I always expect the worst from the alphabet networks, but I was pleasantly suprised by the even-handedness of their work. I was also suprised to see an evangelical scholar who wasn’t negative towards this, and a Catholic Scholar who wasn’t from CINO-U, but from Stuebenville!! Purdy good!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top