Dating done the right way

  • Thread starter Thread starter chevalier
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know - I think anytime there are five men in a room with one woman the male brain cells are outnumbered by the female ones. 😛
 
Go to this post:D

Originally Posted by stanmaxkolbe forums.catholic-questions.org/images/buttons_khaki/viewpost.gif
*APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER *
Yes, I recall that one! In fact, a foggy memory of it was my inspiration, along with a list by some other guy named Alan, and our recent discussions. I was hoping to annoy the traditionals a bit – all in the interest of good humour. :p:D
I don’t know - I think anytime there are five men in a room with one woman the male brain cells are outnumbered by the female ones. 😛
It’s true you have more advanced brains than we do, but it’s also true this one is a special piece.

…I’ve handled 1v30 debates. Part of the reason behind my charming personality.

(Yes, feel free to offer another explanation why I’m single. :p)
 
Yes, I recall that one! In fact, a foggy memory of it was my inspiration, along with a list by some other guy named Alan, and our recent discussions. I was hoping to annoy the traditionals a bit – all in the interest of good humour. :p:D

It’s true you have more advanced brains than we do, but it’s also true this one is a special piece.

…I’ve handled 1v30 debates. Part of the reason behind my charming personality.

(Yes, feel free to offer another explanation why I’m single. :p)
No - actually I would think the fact that you could admit we are more advanced would have gotten you married off already. However as my dh tells his students. A man can have the last two words in any argument in his house as long as they are the same last two words, "Yes, Dear."
 
No - actually I would think the fact that you could admit we are more advanced would have gotten you married off already. However as my dh tells his students. A man can have the last two words in any argument in his house as long as they are the same last two words, "Yes, Dear."
Ain’t gonna fly. 🙂
 
Yes, you are right - most of us are smarter than that and know that those two words are just patronizing!!!
 
Yes, you are right - most of us are smarter than that and know that those two words are just patronizing!!!
It just shows that one can’t possibly be on your good side, no matter what one says! :p:D Just kidding.

As of the previous subject, I’ve been through 1v30 debates and I’ve had like 40 romantic failures by now. I could handle any mouthy woman, but she’d better have some redeeming qualities. I wouldn’t keep a gator in my garden pond just to play hide and seek, so to say. :p:D
 
I hope no one is offended by this but I think sometimes that God created sex so that the genders would have to learn to get along because on so many levels we are so different - equal but different. I think sex (not as a weapon but as a loving part of a marriage) has become the great equalizer in the household. Prior to marriage it is communication. I think premarital sex is the reason that so many married couples can’t communicate anymore (they didn’t have to b/c they had an equalizer prior to the marriage they should not have had ) and therefore why we have so many divorces in our culture. And I do not exempt myself.

It was funny - not ha ha - but ironic. My dh and I were cohabitiating prior to marriage and decided upon my coming to the Church and looking at things to become celibate but were not in the position to change the cohabitation until about a month before the wedding. That was an experience in self control - I’ll tell you that right now. That being said, when we didn’t have relations our communication improved. Sometimes the old when your mad at your spouse shut up and kiss them instead doesn’t work - couples need to learn to talk and with sex in place it becomes a hindrance to communication therefore stunting our growth in intimacy as couples.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top