C
CountrySinger
Guest
Thank you for the warm welcome back.Hey!
“Country Singer” (aka: Carrie Underwood wannabee) is back from the jaunt!!
Welcome “home”!
![]()
Thank you for the warm welcome back.Hey!
“Country Singer” (aka: Carrie Underwood wannabee) is back from the jaunt!!
Welcome “home”!
![]()
There is hope for you. Wait a couple of years before you start dating though. The annulment process is very helpful in helping you to get your head on straight, as is counseling.i am divorcing a narcissist.
i am 46.
i swim a mile most days i can and run, etc when i can.
i am 5’4", 130some, in good health and decent looking, if you don’t need top heavy.
i have 6 children – oldest son out on his own, second son halfway thru college, daughters 17, 14, 8 and 5 years old. all really intelligent and musically inclined and gifted and good kids, tho my 14yodd is recovering from anorexia. my 8yodd wants to be a nun.
i don’t drink, smoke, swear, watch porn or stuff the Church says i shouldn’t. i love hiking, swimming, walking, music of most kinds, talking and quiet times, keep my big house neat and clean but don’t obsess, love baking and cooking but not a snob, am very strong and independent because i have had to be but would love to have someone to rely on for a little help now and again, love the small town life, really truly love God and my Faith and try to live it. i am almost guaranteed an annulment due to who my husband is. my kids don’t have much to do with their father because he is not really connected with them, so there would be little interference or image holding against a new ‘daddy’. i have a very big heart and need to give love and really don’t know how to not be married, to not have my heart and life shared by another, although i haven’t had it yet – marriage is my true vocation.
so…is there no hope for me to ever share my life with another man as his wife?
There is always hope, always.i am divorcing a narcissist.
i am 46.
i swim a mile most days i can and run, etc when i can.
i am 5’4", 130some, in good health and decent looking, if you don’t need top heavy.
i have 6 children – oldest son out on his own, second son halfway thru college, daughters 17, 14, 8 and 5 years old. all really intelligent and musically inclined and gifted and good kids, tho my 14yodd is recovering from anorexia. my 8yodd wants to be a nun.
i don’t drink, smoke, swear, watch porn or stuff the Church says i shouldn’t. i love hiking, swimming, walking, music of most kinds, talking and quiet times, keep my big house neat and clean but don’t obsess, love baking and cooking but not a snob, am very strong and independent because i have had to be but would love to have someone to rely on for a little help now and again, love the small town life, really truly love God and my Faith and try to live it. i am almost guaranteed an annulment due to who my husband is. my kids don’t have much to do with their father because he is not really connected with them, so there would be little interference or image holding against a new ‘daddy’. i have a very big heart and need to give love and really don’t know how to not be married, to not have my heart and life shared by another, although i haven’t had it yet – marriage is my true vocation.
so…is there no hope for me to ever share my life with another man as his wife?
I do know that song! I’m overweight, yet I found a boyfriend.CountrySinger is no doubt aware of a song by Sawyer Brown called “Some Girls Do.” The point of the song is to emphasize that there is someone out there for each and every one of us.
My mil had 8 children and a man entered her life who grew to be a wonderful second dad to them. My mil and this gentleman never married but ended up growing to be dear friends and do almost everything together. They have their own homes and never even kiss (though I think they did initially the many years ago) but they have a sincere love for each other and take care of each other in good and bad times but never act or do things that a married couple would. Granted they are now older, but they will never abandon each other. Initially there was romance, but she then decided to set a good example for her kids and he never left and was more than willing to go to a platonic friendship. They all call him “papa” as do the grandchildren. He is family, though technically he isn’t by law. My mil felt just as you do (she divorced my late fil because of all the alcohol and physical abuse), wondering who would ever love her when she was poor and had 8 children. Little did she know that she would find someone who not only loved her but also her children and would be elated to have a sister/brother relationship with her because it was with her. So yes, there IS hope!!!so…is there no hope for me to ever share my life with another man as his wife?
Well, then, don’t date!Since my own childhood, I have always felt that I did not want marriage or children…Women are great. I love them. But they are too much trouble, with or without children.
It depends on the individuals involved – the person, their ex, and everyone’s relationships with the kids and with each other, and also how old the kids are. I did date a divorced man with two children a few years ago, but I don’t think I would do it again. These kids were great, but it was their mother who was the problem. She was one greedy, manipulative, toxic woman, and she liked to use the kids as pawns to get more money than she was entitled to (and she was getting plenty in child support; he made good money at his job). Child support does not mean lazy, crazy ex-wife support! They were in and out of court more times than you can count. She would carry on, acting like the injured party when she was the one who dumped him for some guy she met online.If you are single, how do you feel about dating or marrying someone who already has children?
Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched.i am almost guaranteed an annulment due to who my husband is.
Maybe it just means that the best match for you would be someone who is widowed with kids of their own - kinda like the Brady Bunch. Two widows might be able to relate to each others’ struggles and pains and have similar issues that they can be more patient with better than say a widow and someone from the 40-year-old virgin demogarphic. Plus, they enter in equally (same for two virgins, two divorcees with annulments, two repentatnt fornicators with kids that resulted from the fornication).Gotta agree with Grace on this.
I am widowed. I have kids. So…I should spend the rest of life alone because someone like countrysinger would be afraid of memories?!?
A woman who chose life over abortion should stay alone?
Hmmmm, many people accuse prolifers of abandoning the woman and child once the child is born…I am really seeing that mentality coming through loud and clear on this thread from those so adamantly against dating those with kids. You might want to think about that and think about what message you are really sending.
I would say dating a widow with children would be different, particularly if the children are younger. My opinion on this is that a potential step-father or step-mother will not have the interruptions of a former spouse, and the children (particularly those under 10) would be more accepting of a step-father or step-mother. There also won’t be the hassle of “my son or daughter has to go with his dad or mom this weekend”.What about a widow with children? Does that make the situation more acceptable?
When I was dating I was open to either but found it much easier in the long run if there were no children. I don’t have any of my own but still hope GOD in his mercy will show me a way to make it possible to adopt as I feel a calling to do that in any case the balls is in GODs court on that one.It seems like the dating world is just full of people who already have children. This is true of the younger cohort, and even more so among the older singles.
Since my own childhood, I have always felt that I did not want marriage or children. Nor did I want to be around a woman who had children from a previous relationship
The thrust of this is that I wouldn’t want to marry a woman with children, but on the other hand, I wouldn’t want to marry a woman without children.
Women are great. I love them. But they are too much trouble, with or without children.
I am just one guy, though. Everyone is entitled their own opinion.
If you are single, how do you feel about dating or marrying someone who already has children?