Dating Objectives for Single Catholics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magickman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that kind of thing happens to me too. I just can’t see all those women who are so into me according to my friends, despite all my people skills from the next galaxy. I don’t need to look to spot sexual attraction between human beings and it doesn’t take long to notice deference, attachment, admiration and the rest, not to mention you won’t lie to me, ever, but when my roomie said, “Half the firm would die to get a date with you,” (she was accusing me of sporting a gay haircut, so it wasn’t flattery or seduction) I was like, “What? Who? Where?” Sure, I could spot whenever someone was flirting with me (almost all of which not open-ended and some of which not even conscious), but in no way could I imagine any justification for her statement.
 
I am a bit dismayed that some of the single people at this site are downbeat about dating. It is also troubling that others consider dating as such a serious and humorless business.

My thought is that we could be better served by easing up on the negative and solemn view of dating activities.

We humans are social creatures, with a need for interaction with others.

When one has not yet discerned a future spouse, I think it is a good idea to mix with different people of the opposite sex. Even if this interaction is simply recreational in nature, it still contributes to our abilities to become better people.

There is nothing wrong, I am sure, with dating many people, until you find your one and only.

If you are desirous of securing a suitable spouse, you should expend the effort to meet and evaluate many possible matches. Dating is a great way to do this.
Maybe because dating has never been that fun for many of us. I know it’s seemed like more of chore to me then it’s worth sometimes. 🤷:rolleyes:
 
Lol, that kind of thing happens to me too. I just can’t see all those women who are so into me according to my friends, despite all my people skills from the next galaxy. I don’t need to look to spot sexual attraction between human beings and it doesn’t take long to notice deference, attachment, admiration and the rest, not to mention you won’t lie to me, ever, but when my roomie said, “Half the firm would die to get a date with you,” (she was accusing me of sporting a gay haircut, so it wasn’t flattery or seduction) I was like, “What? Who? Where?” Sure, I could spot whenever someone was flirting with me (almost all of which not open-ended and some of which not even conscious), but in no way could I imagine any justification for her statement.
Now I see why matchmakers were used! Because there are those of use who are too oblivious to recognize interest!
 
Now I see why matchmakers were used! Because there are those of use who are too oblivious to recognize interest!
Unless it is an evil matchmaker from Seattle, who wants to make all women look like Barbie clones. 😃
 
Now I see why matchmakers were used! Because there are those of use who are too oblivious to recognize interest!
It’s not that. I can always tell you who’s interested in whom and I pick up signs of sexual attraction or intellectual interest or emotional empathy in no time (including when I’m the object of it), I still somehow end up not noticing the kind of interest that doesn’t translate into immediate emotions or attitudes, unless my friend was wrong, heh, could be, she probably exaggerated anyway.
 
Oh, I was referring to matchmakers of a different era…definitely not her…🙂
 
Oh, I was referring to matchmakers of a different era…definitely not her…🙂
That’s good. I would only recommend her to somone I don’t like. Good thing I didn’t dye my hair, my boyfriend likes curly brunette hair (which I have). 😃
 
That’s good. I would only recommend her to somone I don’t like. Good thing I didn’t dye my hair, my boyfriend likes curly brunette hair (which I have). 😃
Curly brunette is lovely! I actually recall seeing a study a while back that stated that men slightly prefer brunette over blonde. Take that, Barbie! 😛
 
Singer’s matchmaker was kinda special indeed.
Yes she was “special”, if special means EVIL. 😛 She did have some true points though. I DO have to lose weight, which I’m working on. But I did find a wealthy man without her help though (she specialized in finding wealthy men spouses).
 
Curly brunette is lovely! I actually recall seeing a study a while back that stated that men slightly prefer brunette over blonde. Take that, Barbie! 😛
I once cut my barbie’s hair because she was too pretty. My mom was so mad. 😛 They all had crew cuts. I swear I’m not a feminist, I was just a chubby girl with body issues! 😛
 
Curly brunette is lovely! I actually recall seeing a study a while back that stated that men slightly prefer brunette over blonde. Take that, Barbie! 😛
Yay for brunettes…although I am a bit of a auburn…🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top