L
LotusCarsLtd
Guest
This is prompted by many things, particularly the post made today by belovedandbless (which can be read here: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=426925). I can understand where belovedandbless is coming from and it’s a shame that men have treated her the way they have. As a Catholic man I don’t want to ever do to her what other men have! But as a member of Catholic Match I have some questions about dating women and their values.
For those not familiar, CM will ask people using the service to respond to seven questions pertaining to Church teaching and whether or not they agree with them (the teachings on the Eucharist, contraception, sanctity of life, papal infallibility, premarital sex, immaculate conception, and holy orders). Nonetheless not every CM member agrees with all of these teachings and their profiles state this for all to see. Thus, for those so inclined, you can filter through profiles that don’t answer “yes” to all seven questions.
I myself have come-across many of these profiles but I don’t know what to do with them. Keeping in mind the situation of those who have had pasts and are over them but keep getting treated poorly, should I outright reject those women whose beliefs aren’t fully in-line with Church teaching or give the women a chance?
A part of me wants to give these individuals a chance because I realize that we may be compatible even though they may not fully agree with Church teaching and that, through time and personal contact, may come around to fully embracing Church teaching. But a part of me also says to skip over them because they don’t fully agree, but this seems cruel.
What are everyone’s thoughts on the matter?
For those not familiar, CM will ask people using the service to respond to seven questions pertaining to Church teaching and whether or not they agree with them (the teachings on the Eucharist, contraception, sanctity of life, papal infallibility, premarital sex, immaculate conception, and holy orders). Nonetheless not every CM member agrees with all of these teachings and their profiles state this for all to see. Thus, for those so inclined, you can filter through profiles that don’t answer “yes” to all seven questions.
I myself have come-across many of these profiles but I don’t know what to do with them. Keeping in mind the situation of those who have had pasts and are over them but keep getting treated poorly, should I outright reject those women whose beliefs aren’t fully in-line with Church teaching or give the women a chance?
A part of me wants to give these individuals a chance because I realize that we may be compatible even though they may not fully agree with Church teaching and that, through time and personal contact, may come around to fully embracing Church teaching. But a part of me also says to skip over them because they don’t fully agree, but this seems cruel.
What are everyone’s thoughts on the matter?