Dating

  • Thread starter Thread starter djforce888
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, assuming that by “pursing” you do not mean “stalking”. Provided the intended seems he or she might be amenable to being “caught”, however, I don’t know how else one could hope to find a spouse. Someone has to take the initiative, and it is not reasonable that the initiative will always be a 50/50, tit-for-tat affair. Sometimes that will happen (that both parties will “pursue” each other more or less evenly), but if one takes the initiative more often than not, that is also fine.
 
Certainly I think most people are called. It’s finding someone who will date you thats the hard part for a lot of people anymore
 
Thanks for the responses. I am new to dating and was just wondering about how God calls people to each other. Personally, I am 22 and have never dated before. It would be nice to have some role models to look up to, but it seems like most stories are about the girl bringing the guy closer to God. I can’t think of any couples who were both strong in their faith to begin with or the guy brought the girl closer.
 
Hahah beat me to it…
Thanks for the responses. I am new to dating and was just wondering about how God calls people to each other. Personally, I am 22 and have never dated before. It would be nice to have some role models to look up to, but it seems like most stories are about the girl bringing the guy closer to God. I can’t think of any couples who were both strong in their faith to begin with or the guy brought the girl closer.
Don’t be disheartened, just keep your head up dude. 👍

I’ll keep you in my prayers.
 
Do you mean ‘someone’ as in the general or or as in ‘someone in particular’

Obviously, there needs to be some pursuing or else no one would ever date and then marry. However, I don’t think it is something you do daily eg I think I will pursue for 15 mintues today or I think I will pursue 1 person for two weeks and if it goes no where on week three I will pursue someone else:p

I think it is more of a case that people live their lives and when they see someone that peaks their interest, they may try to start a conversation. I think you can pursue ‘someone in particular’ if you fancy them. But NOTHING can bring more headache than pursuing for the sake of pursuing

CM
 
I don’t think so. Though it’s fair to give people a chance if they seem nice and are interested in you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top