M
MariaChristi
Guest
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
St. Louis De Montfort in his book, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary wrote in paragraph 228:
Let us ask our Lord and the Holy Spirit to enlighten us. Let us pray the Litany to the Holy Spirit and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin, with attention and devotion. Let us pray the Ave Maris Stella with loving hearts, trusting in the intercession of Mary our Mother, given to us by Jesus from His Cross.
Lord let me know myself; let me see myself as You see me, that I may repent and learn from You and Mary to be humble.
See HERE
St. Louis De Montfort in his book, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary wrote in paragraph 228:
- During the first week they should offer up all their prayers and acts of devotion to acquire knowledge of themselves and sorrow for their sins.
Let them perform all their actions in a spirit of humility. With this end in view they may, if they wish, meditate on what I have said concerning our corrupted nature, and consider themselves during six days of the week as nothing but snails, slugs, toads, swine, snakes and goats. Or else they may meditate on the following three considerations of St. Bernard: “Remember what you were - corrupted seed; what you are - a body destined for decay; what you will be -food for worms.”
Most of us do not consider ourselves as “nothing but snails, toads, swine, snakes and goats” but the wisdom of the saint needs to be understood supernaturally by grace, and not merely by natural reason which can be deceived so easily. Perhaps we can ask ourselves, “Am I like a snail – so slow to ask, seek and knock on the door of God’s Heart for His Spirit to make my heart humble like His?” “Am I like a toad who hops from one thing to another without any purpose?” “Am I like swine in a herd that revels in mud?” “Am I like a snake – cunning, eating the dust of the earth rather than feeding on the Bread of Angels?” “Am I goat (Mt 25) – not willing to be of God’s sheep?”They will ask our Lord and the Holy Spirit to enlighten them saying, “Lord, that I may see,” or “Lord, let me know myself,” or the “Come, Holy Spirit”. Every day they should say the Litany of the Holy Spirit, with the prayer that follows, as indicated in the first part of this work. They will turn to our Blessed Lady and beg her to obtain for them that great grace which is the foundation of all others, the grace of self-knowledge. For this intention they will say each day the Ave Maris Stella and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin.
Let us ask our Lord and the Holy Spirit to enlighten us. Let us pray the Litany to the Holy Spirit and the Litany of the Blessed Virgin, with attention and devotion. Let us pray the Ave Maris Stella with loving hearts, trusting in the intercession of Mary our Mother, given to us by Jesus from His Cross.
Lord let me know myself; let me see myself as You see me, that I may repent and learn from You and Mary to be humble.
See HERE