Days to pray the Rosary

  • Thread starter Thread starter melissa09
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

melissa09

Guest
Hello all,

I’m just wondering if the days you pray different mysteries of the Rosary change during Lent. I thought I found somewhere that you pray only the Sorrowful Mysteries during Lent, but I’m not sure…??

or does it just follow this pattern:

Monday: Joyful
Tuesday: Sorrowful
Wednesday: Glorious
Thursday: Luminous
Friday: Sorrowful
Saturday: Joyful
Sunday: Glorious

Thanks for your help!!
 
Hello all,

I’m just wondering if the days you pray different mysteries of the Rosary change during Lent. I thought I found somewhere that you pray only the Sorrowful Mysteries during Lent, but I’m not sure…??

or does it just follow this pattern:

Monday: Joyful
Tuesday: Sorrowful
Wednesday: Glorious
Thursday: Luminous
Friday: Sorrowful
Saturday: Joyful
Sunday: Glorious

Thanks for your help!!
The Rosary is a private devotion and you may pray it any way you want.
 
Thanks…I realize it doesn’t have to follow this schedule, I know this is just a recommendation I found, I just wondered if it changes or if people normally change to only the Sorrowful Mysteries during Lent…
 
Hello all,

I’m just wondering if the days you pray different mysteries of the Rosary change during Lent. I thought I found somewhere that you pray only the Sorrowful Mysteries during Lent, but I’m not sure…??

Sunday: Glorious During Lent, many choose to pray the sorrowful mysteries on Sunday. During Advent they choose to pray the joyful mysteries on Sunday.

Thanks for your help!!
 
You don’t have to follow a schedule.
But traditionally this is the schedule:

Monday: Joyful Mysteries
Tuesday: Sorrowful Mysteries
Wednesday: Glorious Mysteries
Thursday: Joyful Mysteries
Friday: Sorrowful Mysteries
Saturday: Glorious Mysteries
Sundays of Advent and from Epiphany until Lent :Joyful Mysteries
Sundays from Easter until Advent : Glorious Mysteries

Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday : Sorrowful Mysteries.

Hope that was what you were looking for. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top